Harvard Sportsmen's Club

What would you do to prevent ricochets? Bolt a 4x4 in front of it?
meh. it`s possible, but i would not think the hazard of ricochets there is too real, to harm anyone from 100yds away. no more than a ricochet from a plate itself.

from other perspective - to front it with a wooden plank will reduce the desire to hit the rail itself to hear the sound of it. still i think it would be a long lasting solution, as a current one, with all the significant effort to erect it, apparently, only lasted a season.

it is really like a challenge now, what can inquisitive minds here to come up with to counteract a sheer destructive force of chaos. :)

ps. if we put a wood in front i would guarantee there will be more than one moron to try to staple a target on it. as good luck stapling shit to a damn rail.

meh. it`s possible, but i would not think the hazard of ricochets there is too real, to harm anyone from 100yds away. no more than a ricochet from a plate itself.

from other perspective - to front it with a wooden plank will reduce the desire to hit the rail itself to hear the sound of it. still i think it would be a long lasting solution, as a current one, with all the significant effort to erect it, apparently, only lasted a season.

it is really like a challenge now, what can inquisitive minds here to come up with to counteract a sheer destructive force of chaos. :)

ps. if we put a wood in front i would guarantee there will be more than one moron to try to staple a target on it. as good luck stapling shit to a damn rail.
The top piece was just replaced less than 1 month ago. So, the top piece lasted really only a week before someone decided to shoot it, destroying the pieces holding the chains.

The previous piece did last 1 whole year before it got eaten up by spall.

The member(s) has probably been following this thread enjoying the chatter as a result of them being an a**h***.

On the other hand, I’m thinking would they purposely do this knowing they won’t be able to shoot at the 100 yard range with the targets/hardware broken??🤷🏻‍♂️

20 degree downward angle
here, i do not have anything on my PC now to do a proper drawing, but it is rather self-explanatory, i hope. if you lay a rail naturally, it will be reflecting it all downside.
army setup had shit like that welded on sides to other solid rail pieces, we can use that is already in the ground, it is only a matter of having top piece to be solid steel.
i think that will (should?) last longer than a week. unless someone will bring in a whole zinc can of black tip .308 and will cut it in half.

1717961319448.png

I can make it super simple and go back to the original design that is identical to the 200/300 steel rack, we can use the railroad track piece instead of tube steel.
That said whoever the chucklehead is will find a way to destroy it. I could also just never do steel again lol

I can make it super simple and go back to the original design that is identical to the 200/300 steel rack, we can use the railroad track piece instead of tube steel.
That said whoever the chucklehead is will find a way to destroy it. I could also just never do steel again lol
How long of a piece do you want?

Weld some rings to a flat steel plate to hang the chains, and then secure it to the underside of the wood with like 8 full length bolts. Then even if a few bolts are shot in the wood, it will still stay attached. If the chains get shot, some new shackles can be swapped out quickly. I can't draw on my phone, but it makes sense in my brain.

Back
Top Bottom