Colorado House Democrats Pass Bill Banning AR-15s and 9mm Pistols with Threaded Barrels

1: Not starting trouble, just disagreeing

2: Replied to your month old post because it’s still relevant and this thread got bumped

3: Thank you for the detailed info and the reasoning why people say AK type rifles are banned in MA.

I can see where you’re coming from.

The problem, in my view, with this logic lies in the fact that it’s not just Colt AR-15s that are banned in terms of AR-15s. It’s also copies and duplicates. So, using the same logic you’re using with “Avtomat Kalashnikov (AK) (all models)”, we wouldn’t be able to have any ARs. They’d all be copies and duplicates.

Just the same as all the AK type rifles seem to be copied or duplicates to you. But they’re not. The “Avtomat Kalashnikov (AK)” is a very specific rifle, and one’s made in the USSR and Russia. And all its models are specific as well. So, the MA law bans the following: AK-47, AKM, AK-74, AK-103, and their copies and duplicates.

If we use the same meaning of copy and duplicate that has been used from 1994 to 2016, then Avtomat Kalashnikov copies and duplicates would be a very strict understanding, including only other manufacturer’s versions with all the same features as the Avtomat Kalashnikov.

you would have to entirely ignore the differences in variants of "ak" style rifles if that were the case.
Don't waste your breath with him. I already expounded on the whole "variants" and "models" details to him but it's in one ear and out the other for Mr 2021 join date guy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom