Harvard Sportsmen's Club

Those little targets are gonna be a bitch off hand with a handgun, but I'll do the best I can. It would be much less depressing if you put up something about the size of a trash can.
I am sure you can hit them if I can!! Those were all I had left that were fully in tact, new stuff is coming.
I am ordering steel as soon as I am finished typing this. I'll be getting a new Silhouette 1/2" 12x20 so everyone can hit it LOL and probably a 10" gong since apparently the 6" is too small at 100yds :rolleyes:.....
As for the people complaining I get it, but we can only do work when we get the time so it is what it is.
Sometimes I am later than 9 sometimes I am done before then but if you're gonna complain at least volunteer to help speed things up.
This particular person said we were there every time they show up, which means the three times a year we do some work, they didn't help LOL. Too funny, this is why I have no faith left in the general public.

Devil's advocate here:

Did they say "hey guys, we didn't realize there was work going on this morning. When do you think you'll wrap up?"

Or did they say "the hell are you doing over there, get off the range!"

?

Did they say "hey guys, we didn't realize there was work going on this morning. When do you think you'll wrap up?"

Somewhere in the middle. A bit hesitant to keep this going but it goes something like this:

(interrupts work in progress) "What are you guys doing?"
"Range maintenance"
"I see that. When will you be finished ..."
"mmmm, maybe an hour ..."
(becoming visibly agitated) "An hour? For the record, it is now 9:18AM ..."
"If we don't do this stuff, no one would be able to use the range ..."
"I know that. I'm not mad at you but this happens all of the time. It wasn't on the calendar ..."
"I mean, this occurs something like three times a year"
"uh uh uh no. No it's doesn't. This happens every time ..."
"Well, you could complain to the board"
"Oh, I will!"

Now, understanding that it is annoying to arrive to find that a range is temporarily closed, is an hour delay something to act hostile about?

I'd presume most everyone is aware that a large portion of this stuff is volunteer based and, from my perspective, they do a pretty darn good job trying to keep things tidy, operable, and safe. The folk that do show-up to assist are not getting paid. They are not employees. They are taking time away from their daily activities as they are able, starting early in the morning, and endeavor towards keeping the place respectable ... because, just maybe, when they are not cleaning up and repairing things they'll also find some time to enjoy shooting at a range that hasn't turned into a trash heap.

The club was busy early though the 50 yard range was completely empty sans one person doing pistol work. Or, perhaps take 30 minutes to get stuff set-up, arranged, whatever and enjoy a beverage while observing the volunteer crew sweating and developing swamp butt.

Last edited:
Damn. How heavy is the big torso target? I have some half size and I never use them because they are almost too heavy to haul back and forth to the range

Class 3 is a type of firearms license, not a weapon or a shooter. Class 3 includes suppressors and machine guns and most of the FA shooters you may see at Harvard have a Class 3 although some do.

A technicality yes but hey this is NES

Class 3 is a Tax not a License. A technicality yet but hey this is NES.
  • Class 1 SOT – Importer of NFA firearms.
  • Class 2 SOT – Manufacturer of NFA firearms.
  • Class 3 SOT – Dealer of NFA firearms.

Last edited:
Being passive aggressive then turning your back on people with guns that you just pissed off isn't the smartest thing to do lol

But, you do you!

Yeah people are gonna shoot someone in the back at a rifle range after you use your card key to get in and filmed entering.

Would take a special kind of dumb for that. Though I wouldn’t put it past you. Remind me to never turn my back on you.

Yeah people are gonna shoot someone in the back at a rifle range after you use your card key to get in and filmed entering.

Would take a special kind of dumb for that. Though I wouldn’t put it past you. Remind me to never turn my back on you.
A special kind of stupid is someone who thinks nobody has ever been shot in the back of the head at a private gun range.

You can turn your back on me, I won't shoot you. Stupid people(like myself) need people like you around, makes us feel smarter :)

A special kind of stupid is someone who thinks nobody has ever been shot in the back of the head at a private gun range.

You can turn your back on me, I won't shoot you. Stupid people(like myself) need people like you around, makes us feel smarter :)

That’s it? I was expecting more from you as a king ahole on the site. Lame. You can do better. Try harder.

Back
Top Bottom