What did you do in the shack today?

Dang, I tried out the power meter I bought and it's complete trash. First I tried it on the new 220 rig and it read between 1.4 and 1.8A on receive, no audio. Hmm, I could have sworn the spec was <0.6A. I looked it up, yup. Okay, maybe something is wrong with the radio. So after about an hour and a half it had "drawn" about 2Ah. I put the battery on the charger and measured how much charge it took: 0.87Ah. And it did accurately measure the 2A the charger is rated for, although it said the max current had been 11A.

This afternoon I tried it on my 857D and LDG tuner. As soon as I plugged in the tuner it jumped to 1.6A. That's more than double the rated current when it's in use; at that point it was only driving the led on the front. I turned on the radio and it read anywhere from 6.5 to 8.5A on receive, no audio. It should have been about 1A.

Don't tell Amazon but I opened it up to see if anything looked bad. The main board was soldered to the display board so I couldn't see much. But what I could see looked well soldered and professionally built.

Don't buy this trash.

Back
Top Bottom