MA Gun Grab 2024: Senate bill S.2572

So, nobody has anything on this? I thought this was big news, with that big green post from FPC. Just more Internet hype I guess.
Breathe.

These things take time. Here's a write up of the process:

This article came out the day after they were scheduled for conference:

So, yesterday, they had a chance to discuss with the petitioners and respondents about the particular cases. They rarely make decisions immediately. I wouldn't be surprised to see press releases in the next day or two about how it went, but we still won't know their plan.

If they accept either case, it needs to be put on the schedule and the associated attorneys need time to prepare. In other words, don't expect to see them being heard before September.

BEFORE SEPTEMBER???????????

The way it was hyped, I thought they were going to announce results yesterday. Then, after some searching and reading, I thought next week. This is like the slow boat to China.

The way it was hyped, I thought they were going to announce results yesterday. Then, after some searching and reading, I thought next week. This is like the slow boat to China.

Attempts at restoring rights moves glacially slowly while taking them away seems to happen overnight.

We've been over this before, man.
  • This will take a long time, longer than you want.
  • When something does happen, you won't need to post questions about it. This thread will be flooded.

That was never going to happen. Such conferences are private. They may have voted whether to accept the case or not, but the soonest there would be a public announcement would be this Monday. Since I would bet on there being dissenting opinions no matter how they voted, I suspect the wait will be longer than that.

That’s good news, brother. Gives everyone time to buy what they need.

A constitutional right should never end when you cross some arbitrary line on a map as we all know too well.

All Ive ever really learned of life, in one society or the next, is that you don’t really have any state protected rights. You just do what you want. And you deal the consequences out to those trying to prevent you, as you see fit.

Back
Top Bottom