After creating a new user account, what I discovered last night was that it could be some program running under the user tab of task manager on my original user account that was causing the issue... I started ending a bunch of tasks and was able to start connecting to the internet through those...
WIN 10, I have internet access, I'm typing this on my laptop.
All browsers can connect to the web.
Multiple programs can not. (iTunes, blizzard, steam, etc.)
I uninstalled and reinstalled wifi adapter drivers, no difference.
Went exclusively ethernet, no beans.
No updates that I'm aware of that...
And here I am thinking I’m cool, living in the fast lane, just having installed my own 2 TB SSD in my laptop with no real computer knowledge, and y’all are more than 6x my volume just backing things up.