‘Everybody Is Armed’: As Shootings Soar, Philadelphia is Awash in Guns

Reptile

NES Member
PHILADELPHIA — The 300th killing of the year in Philadelphia took the life of Lameer Boyd, an 18-year-old father-to-be who was gunned down one July night on a sidewalk. Over the weeks that followed, a grandmother was shot in the neck, a popular singer was killed in front of his house and a woman was killed at a front-porch cookout.

With her death, the 322nd of the year, the number of homicides in Philadelphia was on track toward becoming the highest in police records, passing the bleak milestone set just last year. So far this year, more than 1,400 people in the city have been shot, hundreds of them fatally, a higher toll than in the much larger cities of New York or Los Angeles. Alarms have sounded about gun violence across the country over the past two years, but Philadelphia is one of the few major American cities where it truly is as bad as it has ever been.
The crisis is all the more harrowing for having been so concentrated in certain neighborhoods in North and West Philadelphia, places that were left behind decades ago by redlining and other forms of discrimination and are now among the poorest parts of what is often called the country’s poorest big city. Violence has erupted at times in other areas of Philadelphia, including a mass shooting in June on a street packed with bar and restaurant traffic. But much of the gunfire has rung out on blocks of blighted rowhouses, vacant lots and iron-caged front porches.

Continues...

Liberal policies fuel this kind of lawlessness. Criminals are empowered and the average citizen who just want to live their lives are the victims. TPTB really don't give a crap about granny getting shot in the neck while cooking on her porch. The only thing that will change it is to vote these commies out of power and vote in people who will put the scum in jail. Unfortunately given human nature, it will take a lot longer to clean up the mess than it took to create it.

maybe, if the black men holding the protest signs were to actually engage w/ the community, mentor (?)
'at risk yoot's', etc, maybe they'd move the needle on the human problem.

Holding signs doesn't get it done.

chicago, d.c, new york, detroit, san francisco, st. louis, baltimore all have a common thread. philly is odd man out.

I used to go there in the mid'80s, back then it was the poor people with the fires in the barrels in the streets, ala Rocky. Did business in the surrounding suburbs, met some cool people, but you can see the place was becoming a shit hole

Philadelphia = Shithole.

I've been there exactly once. I have no intention of returning.
My one and only trip to Philadelphia was on business many years ago.
I go to pick up my rental car, do the little walk around, and there is a bullet hole in it. I tell the rental guy and without missing a beat he says, "I'll mark that down". How about NO! I'm not driving around a city I don't know in a car that was probably used in a drive-by. Rental guy couldn't understand my objection, thought it was no big deal. Ya, no big deal in your shithole city, it's a big deal to someone who doesn't live in a battlezone.

So, how’s the progressive approach working out Philly?

A frequent focus of criticism in Harrowgate is District Attorney Larry Krasner, who some residents say isn’t aggressive enough. Mr. Krasner, a progressive Democrat, said his office would prosecute more cases if police solved more shootings. Through Sept. 15, police had made arrests in nine shootings this year in Harrowgate, police data show. In that span, 29 people were shot, eight fatally.“

Nine arrests in in 29 shooting you say? So, no so good then…

Couple of weeks ago I had just flown into Logan from Vegas, while waiting for the bags to show up the baggage claim next to me was from Philly. Some chuckle head grabbed a bag that was not his and a wrestling match started right there. Yelling, pushing, shoving headlocks, you name it.
Guy claimed his bag was the same, other guys tells him to check the name on the tag, they put your name on them now.
Good thing it was around 11pm or else I think the both of them would have been in cuffs.
Ahhh, the city of brotherly love.

Because whenever there are gang shootings, carjackings, violent home invasions, drug crime, and drive-by's, they're always committed by background-checked, LTC-carrying, curved visor Patriots hat wearing, overweight, bearded middle-aged white guys driving registered and insured late model crew cab pickup trucks with Gadsden flag bumper stickers.

Damn you NRA and your "gun culture!"

=================

White supremacists are the #1 threat to our country though...

Back
Top Bottom