‘We’re Buying Zimmerman A New Gun’

blindndead

NES Member
Ohio Gun Group: 'We're Buying Zimmerman A New Gun' | ThinkProgress

Ohio gun group is soliciting donations to “provide [Trayvon Martin shooter George] Zimmerman, who has no current source of income, with the funds he needs to replace his firearm, holster, and other gear.” Citing a news report indicating that the U.S. Department of Justice asked police to “keep possession of all the evidence from George Zimmerman’s second-degree murder trial” — most likely so that they can use that evidence in conducting a federal investigation into the Martin shooting — the Buckeye Firearms Foundation spins a complex conspiracy theory built around the idea that Attorney General Eric Holder will use the Zimmerman investigation to somehow target other gun owners:

supposedly he had a kel-tec PF-9..... 7+1 capacity with 7 in the magazine.... one fired, no cycle....
if there was a struggle, that could cause it to not cycle.... but.... would it cycle if he limp wristed it? anyone have that gun?

I think they are "jumping the gun" on this one and should wait to see how the federal charges pan out before they buy him something he can no longer legally possess. With the majority of people in this country (including a lot of gun owners) feeling that this trial was a miscarriage of justice, it is quite likely that the feds are not going to let this go easily.

I think they are "jumping the gun" on this one and should wait to see how the federal charges pan out before they buy him something he can no longer legally possess. With the majority of people in this country (including a lot of gun owners) feeling that this trial was a miscarriage of justice, it is quite likely that the feds are not going to let this go easily.

The FBI already was investigating, side by side, early on in this event. They couldn't come up with anything resembling a act of hate to justify a hate crime.

That's the only way that they will be able to do anything to him; to achieve that he hates blacks and this hate drove him to shoot Martin.

Fortunately for Zimmerman, he has a track record that completely blows that idea out of the water.

Wouldn't that be a civil violation if convicted? If so, it shouldn't make him a PP.

Was that last sentence supposed to be sarcastic? "Miscarriage of justice", That a trial even happened?

supposedly he had a kel-tec PF-9..... 7+1 capacity with 7 in the magazine.... one fired, no cycle....
if there was a struggle, that could cause it to not cycle.... but.... would it cycle if he limp wristed it? anyone have that gun?

That was reported but is not true according to Mas Ayoob, who was originally an expert witness for the defense. This is from his last installment, but there are links to the earlier posts on the subject at the top (in red):

The firearms and ballistics evidence in this case was very important, one reason why the Kel-Tec PF9 9mm death weapon was first and foremost in the minds of journalists reporting on Eric Holder’s recent decision to have all evidence in this case held pending Federal investigation (again). One of the area newspapers reported in March that the death weapon was found with a spent casing still in the chamber. This would have been consistent with someone’s hand grabbing the gun and retarding the slide mechanism at the moment of the shot, and I surmised as much in the one blog entry I made on it at that time, prior to being contacted by the then-defense team and confidentiality issues kicking in from then on.

It turned out that this was not the case. The officers who recovered the evidence unloaded the death weapon. The spent casing from the one shot fired in the incident was recovered from the ground on which it had ejected, and another live round was ejected from the firing chamber after the officer removed the magazine. All eight cartridges, the gun’s full capacity, were accounted for. The pistol had functioned normally, as designed.

Taken from here: zimmerman-verdict-part-5-the-gun-stuff

Last edited:
Group donation? All this whining and crying will go nowhere. The man was acquitted and the racebaiters just need more publicity to go after stand your ground laws and stoke the racial flames. More smoke and mirrors to distract the public from Obama's problems, Benghazi, the IRS scandal and NSA.
The ACLU has already backed off.
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/...-zimmerman-case-is-awkward-deja-vu-94518.html

Last edited:
That was reported but is not true according to Mas Ayoob, who was originally an expert witness for the defense. This is from his last installment, but there are links to the earlier posts on the subject at the top (in red):

Taken from here: zimmerman-verdict-part-5-the-gun-stuff
Misinformation in the media in this case? Shocking... Just shocking...

What federal charges? Did I miss something?

None yet, but apparently they are pursuing some other charges federally. You didn't think brobama and Holder were going to let this slide, did ya?
They might after someone not blinded by stupidity walks them through the reality of the nag of a case they have mounted...

It will run Trayvon and his family through the mud and the claim of Zimmerman as civil rights violator is so far beyond baseless, were it not the government bringing the case, the lawyer would be sanctioned by a judge for doing so.

Nothing will be filed. This will be dropped within 2 weeks. They have no evidence at all.

sent via carrier pigeon from a secret squirrel camp

You're crazy to think this will be dropped within 2 weeks.

This is an important issue politically to keep Zimmerman in limbo forever .. or until they actually do find something with which to charge him.

I suspect that Obama and Holder have no intention of bringing federal charges. Their goal is to keep likely voters spun up and distracted. If they bring formal charges they will be quickly dropped and the issue will be closed. They want to keep ripping the scab off.

Of course they could be stupid, but I don't think that's the case.

Lol ...... Dudes gonna a get a gold plated 1911 ....
More like Platinum 1911.

I suspect that Obama and Holder have no intention of bringing federal charges. Their goal is to keep likely voters spun up and distracted. If they bring formal charges they will be quickly dropped and the issue will be closed. They want to keep ripping the scab off.

Bingo

They are very stupid for pulling at the scab as they have. I am seeing signs already that that it is not going to end the way they wanted. Instead of riling up their base, they have given the silent majority that was "staying out of it" a reason that they now need to say something and call BS.

This is not something I would have expected to see in any mainstream news outlet, editorial or otherwise:
MarketWatch said:
Opinion: Why Are Black Leaders Exploiting Trayvon Martin?

Political Diary editor Jason Riley on why black civil rights leaders focus on white racism instead of personal responsibility.

http://live.wsj.com/video/opinion-w...B4.html#!A884CEA7-F97C-4E2A-80FF-566B9FFB3BB4
I think this shows they've jumped the shark and we are going to get Holder's "frank" conversation, but he's not going to hear what he wants to hear. He's going to hear the reality that being racist in the other direction isn't the answer.

Last edited:
You're crazy to think this will be dropped within 2 weeks.

This is an important issue politically to keep Zimmerman in limbo forever .. or until they actually do find something with which to charge him.

I agree. They will not drop this as long as they can find something to nail him on. I do believe that the racial angle has been nullified by the fact that it worked both ways in this case, despite the media and the black community still beating that drum.[rolleyes]

Was it a black family?

If it was, Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson will say that he took his time rescue the family and that he only did it b/c he had remaining guilt after the verdict that freed him.

If it was not a black family, Jackson and Sharpton will call him a racist for saving the family and claim that he wouldn't have done the same if the family was black. And there will be protests.

They are very stupid for pulling at the scab as they have. I am seeing signs already that that it is not going to end the way they wanted. Instead of riling up their base, they have given the silent majority that was "staying out of it" a reason that they now need to say something and call BS.

They may have miscalculated, but I'm not so sure just yet.

Back
Top Bottom