• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

“Suspicious Death” In Downtown MHT (with shots fired)

(Especially not in new england where you meet a terrifying amount of people who have never left the region in their entire life some barely even leaving the state of Massachusetts)
QFTMFT!

Awhile back I was working in Sandwich for a bit and one of my coworkers in her early 60s at the time has never been on this side of the bridges, not only that but neither has her husband. Married straight out of high school and their ENTIRE lives spent in either Sandwich, Hyannis, or Falmouth. The only reason they include Hyannis is because it's the hospital they were both born in, Falmouth is where they have always vacationed. When I asked her why her response was "Everything we need is right here in Sandwich, why go anywhere else?". She and her husband are the Apex/Alpha of townies.

I just don't get it.

The shooter was a much bigger guy and a football player to boot. He could have cold conked the victim likely one punch.....he must have had some place to go and was in a hurry.....

That will hurt him in court. If you’re 6’3. 250 and the other person is 5’7. 150, your use of deadly force will be different than a handicap person, small woman, etc vs a very large athletic male.

Even if he gets acquitted, he’s still in for at least a few years of misery in the courts (he may not get bail so he could be stuck in jail) and tens to hundreds of thousands in legal costs. I’m sure the dispute was really important /sarcasm

I grew up in Dorchester. Disputes were settled with fists by and large. Black eyes, split lips and busted noses were common.

Back then one could buy a firearm at most hardware stores. Or from the Sears catalog. No license needed. Guns were far more accessible.

Yet here we are. Some in society place absolutely no value on life. How the efff did that happen? What the hell has happened in society?

This here is tragic.

There are several videos online, including the immediate aftermath of the original incident inside The Goat and the shooting itself.

Also claims that napoleon complex dude (RIP) hit the big guy using brass knuckles. I'd suspect this changes the "lethal force" algebra?

There are several videos online, including the immediate aftermath of the original incident inside The Goat and the shooting itself.

Also claims that napoleon complex dude (RIP) hit the big guy using brass knuckles. I'd suspect this changes the "lethal force" algebra?

I just watched the inside vid, didn't see much.

Guarentee something like this will drive some anti 2A pushes when it comes to bars and firearms. Half the ninnies on reddit, even the supposed pro-2a folks, think it is illegal to carry inside a bar.

I’m not sure it gets him off completely but may get him manslaughter which is definitely preferable to 2nd degree murder which could be life no parole.

Brass knuckles definitely make sense with the cut on his face, I doubt a fist could do that. The dead guy was quite a bit smaller so brass knuckles would likely be needed for the cut.

The family of the dead guy are saying what a kind gentle person he was. The brass knuckles and throwing the punch makes it seem like he’s more of a POS and won’t be missed by society

I just watched the inside vid, didn't see much.

Guarentee something like this will drive some anti 2A pushes when it comes to bars and firearms. Half the ninnies on reddit, even the supposed pro-2a folks, think it is illegal to carry inside a bar.

Most states down south have carry restrictions if it’s a bar. This is one of the sensitive places NY made in their bill last year and a district court judge issued a TRO on. The courts will likely toss that so it won’t be a possibility for the antis

Links?

Ok. Saw a video with who I assume is the shooter saying “who just punched me in the face?!? Come fight me.”

So then when someone goes to fight you, and you shoot them dead, that doesn’t really help any self defense claim.

RSA: 631:2 allows people to mutually engage in a fight and it just be a violation and not even a criminal offense. So escalating that do a shooting seems extreme.

Obviously I don’t know everything that happened, but speaking solely from the two videos, it doesn’t look good for the shooter.

Justified. PSG, WSP. Society doesn’t need the victim. Don’t care how big or small they are, you punch someone in the face, you get what you deserve. Don’t wanna get lit up?? Don’t go looking for a fight. Love when POSs find out!

Ok. Saw a video with who I assume is the shooter saying “who just punched me in the face?!? Come fight me.”

So then when someone goes to fight you, and you shoot them dead, that doesn’t really help any self defense claim.

RSA: 631:2 allows people to mutually engage in a fight and it just be a violation and not even a criminal offense. So escalating that do a shooting seems extreme.

Obviously I don’t know everything that happened, but speaking solely from the two videos, it doesn’t look good for the shooter.

The video of the shooting looks like they were face to face so I doubt the shooter said ‘who punched me’. Add in what someone here said earlier in the thread that the dead guy had brass knuckles and we’re closer to self defense. We don’t have the witness statements, a blown up video which would show more detail, we don’t know if the shooter was the instigator of the fight, etc. the dead guy has Twitter but never tweeted anything. Followed some news stations in NH, a number of patriot players and quite a few MMA fighters

I’m interested in peoples thoughts on brass knuckles. I’ve never had them and have never known anyone who had them. My view of them, right now, is they’re not a defensive weapon. A gun, pepper spray, are defensive because you can defend yourself from a distance. Brass knuckles would require the opponent to be within 2-3 ft of you before you could defend yourself.

What are peoples thoughts on what I said and how you view them. They’re illegal in NH. There’s a bill to make them legal but that probably won’t pass.

I grew up in Dorchester. Disputes were settled with fists by and large. Black eyes, split lips and busted noses were common.

Back then one could buy a firearm at most hardware stores. Or from the Sears catalog. No license needed. Guns were far more accessible.

Yet here we are. Some in society place absolutely no value on life. How the efff did that happen? What the hell has happened in society?

This here is tragic.

When I lived in Costa Rica this cab driver we knew got murdered by his Nicaraguan BIL cause he was going to turn in the BIL for diddling kids. Dude hid out and waited for our cab driver friend to get home at 3am then just popped him in the head.

The point of the story is the bar owner we knew down there was explaining how there’s zero value of life around there. The Nicaraguans will kill you for .50 cents. Even the Costa Ricans who had it better than the migrant Nicaraguan workers had low value of life.

I guess we’re devolving into a 3rd world country, but with worse food.

It’s gonna suck.

Thanks. I love how bouncers see two or more people get in a fight or pushing, etc and they toss them all and the fight moves to the streets. They don’t give a damn about what happens they just want it not to be their problem.
That's what they are paid to do. They are bouncers, not cops.

This is like people who think HR is there to protect the workers. NO, they are there to protect the company FROM the workers.

Thanks. I love how bouncers see two or more people get in a fight or pushing, etc and they toss them all and the fight moves to the streets. They don’t give a damn about what happens they just want it not to be their problem.

It's not reasonable for a bouncer to assume responsibility for that kind of stuff. Although you would almost think that BDCs would have SOP to get the cops to come, but it's obvious that most of the time they're not going to show up in time to stop this, unless the bar is paying for a police detail.

I think a bigger problem is these shitty bars don't cut enough people off. Of course a huge problem is that you don't know who has "the switch" before you serve them. Some people turn into combative retards in as little as two beers. Then you have the pregamers who come into the bars pre sauced.

I doubt this is the first saucer retard conference for either of these guys.....

It's not reasonable for a bouncer to assume responsibility for that kind of stuff. Although you would almost think that BDCs would have SOP to get the cops to come, but it's obvious that most of the time they're not going to show up in time to stop this, unless the bar is paying for a police detail.

I think a bigger problem is these shitty bars don't cut enough people off. Of course a huge problem is that you don't know who has "the switch" before you serve them. Some people turn into combative retards in as little as two beers. Then you have the pregamers who come into the bars pre sauced.

I doubt this is the first saucer retard conference for either of these guys.....

Years ago a somewhat friend went to the harpoon fest at the harpoon brewery in Boston. He was alone and drove in there. He got absolutely hammered to the point he was falling down on the stage and such. The state cops on the detail there told him to get out at closing and watch as he could barely walk t9 his truck, kept dropping his keys etc. they didn’t care he was probably 3x or more the legal limit, they just wanted him gone so they could close and leave too. He made it to Newton off the mass pike, (he doesn’t live there and had no reason at all to go to Newton other than being hammered) hit a road island, blew his front tires and drove down the street for a few miles until he was on rims.

So many of these things like the bar is making it not their problem regardless of what may happen. Like a teacher passing a nightmare student to get them out of their class. I understand the bouncers wanting the fighters out but it would make sense to kick one out then hold off on the other for 10 minutes to hope the first group leaves.

I remember plenty of fights in Boston when I was younger. Watching morons fight over the stupidest thing and keeping a big distance to make sure I wasn’t near any of it. So many blind sucker punches to anyone close whether the person was involved or not.

The shooter graduated Salem High school, played football. Was listed as 6’6”. 325. The squat and bench numbers are obviously wrong

I’m not sure it gets him off completely but may get him manslaughter which is definitely preferable to 2nd degree murder which could be life no parole.

Brass knuckles definitely make sense with the cut on his face, I doubt a fist could do that. The dead guy was quite a bit smaller so brass knuckles would likely be needed for the cut.

The family of the dead guy are saying what a kind gentle person he was. The brass knuckles and throwing the punch makes it seem like he’s more of a POS and won’t be missed by society
I'll bet everyone in the bar wouldn't be missed by society.

I'll bet everyone in the bar wouldn't be missed by society.

The dead guys baby momma and everyone who knew him is spamming the Manchester PD Facebook post on the shooting saying what an angel the dead guy was, blah blah. Some on there are saying the dead guy and 2 of his friends were surround the shooter.

The facts will come out but it was absolutely a retard convention outside that bar.

A friend of mine was like that. He knew the Brockton area like the back of his hand, but if he got north of Randolph it was like he needed a passport.

One time his wife had to go to Immigration in the North End to renew here Green Card. This was before GPS. I gave him turn by turn directions and he still got lost. He called me on his cell in a panic and I had to figure out where he was and direct him to Portland St.

He was a brilliant guy, he just didn't like leaving his area.

Most of that is an eastern MA f***o townie/RI thing. Urban cup/townie bullshit. That I could never wrap my head around. It disappears the moment you drive 2 inches west of the loops.

Back
Top Bottom