“The arsenal that was stored in this home was staggering......"

PaulR

NES Member
That sawed off shotgun still looks suspiciously of legal barrel length and I think woth OAL its right on the mark for being over 26"

Figure that AR has a 16" barrel plus a 2" muzzle and roughly a 6.75" stripped lower, should make about 26".

Edit:
So I did some digging and some napkin math. That AR looks like a M+P ii, which means its overall Length is 35" and it has a 16.1" barrel.
AR lower measures 7.5" from the rear to the center of the front pin, Measurement should be about 4.5 inches from the rear of the receiver to the mag well.
Center of the front pin to center of the mag release is 3.08"

Soo. If you take the 16/.1" barrel, add the 7.5" receiver you have 23.6", that's 3" short of shotgun legality.
But, if you take that same length (take a piece of paper, line up with the rear receiver, draw a line on the end of the AR barrel) and compare it to the sawed off shottie you'll see that only takes you to the left most portion of the magazine plug ring. Take the remaining from there, compare it against the magazine from front pin to ejector, and you'll come up with your other 3 inches.

It aint perfect science, but I think it meets the rules, except for maybe the pistol gripish thing going on.

Last edited:
“Now and again, I urge our Judges and Court system to hold and keep this individual off our streets and out of our neighborhoods. You want to decrease and stop gun violence – keep individuals like this locked up,” continued Mayor Sarno.

most practical thing I've heard from a big city mayor in years

I just came here to post this. That little piece of excrement Ryan Walsh must hide in his cellar when the Eastern States gun show comes around. [rofl]
I'm starting to think he was never weened and is still suckling his mothers teet. I can't stand that little piece of stool.

“Now and again, I urge our Judges and Court system to hold and keep this individual off our streets and out of our neighborhoods. You want to decrease and stop gun violence – keep individuals like this locked up,” continued Mayor Sarno.

most practical thing I've heard from a big city mayor in years

What if he was just a kid at home with dads guns?
I'll wait to see the facts before I cast judgement.
Something doesn't sit right with the the verbiage "found six firearms inside a home" and NO other details.
🥸

What if he was just a kid at home with dads guns?
I'll wait to see the facts before I cast judgement.
Something doesn't sit right with the the verbiage "found six firearms inside a home" and NO other details.
🥸
From the article:

“SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Springfield Police arrested a 17-year-old teenager Saturday after officers found six firearms inside a home on Rest Way.

An investigation began after officers received information that a juvenile may be in possession of a firearm. Detectives received a warrant and searched a home on Rest Way around 10:30 p.m. Saturday”

they got a call that a juvenile had a firearm. I take it they had probable cause to get a warrant and maybe dad’s guns and ammo weren’t stored as per massachusetts general Laws so they took them all?

From the article:

“SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Springfield Police arrested a 17-year-old teenager Saturday after officers found six firearms inside a home on Rest Way.

An investigation began after officers received information that a juvenile may be in possession of a firearm. Detectives received a warrant and searched a home on Rest Way around 10:30 p.m. Saturday”

they got a call that a juvenile had a firearm. I take it they had probable cause to get a warrant and maybe dad’s guns and ammo weren’t stored as per massachusetts general Laws so they took them all?

(would never happen but)....If my kid was out in the back yard shooting her BB gun and the neighbors called and said "hey there's a kid with a gun on our street" and the cops came, arrested my kid and took all my guns, I'd be pretty pissed. That would end my days here as a pro-LE apologist. [wink]

(would never happen but)....If my kid was out in the back yard shooting her BB gun and the neighbors called and said "hey there's a kid with a gun on our street" and the cops came, arrested my kid and took all my guns, I'd be pretty pissed. That would end my days here as a pro-LE apologist. [wink]
Why are you a pro-LE apologist at this point anyways? Go open carry in public or make a mean face at a cop and there's a pretty good chance MA LE will be knocking looking for your guns.

Why are you a pro-LE apologist at this point anyways? Go open carry in public or make a mean face at a disgruntled co-worker and there's a pretty good chance MA LE will be knocking looking for your guns.

I don't doubt it, but I happen to know a LOT of cops and 80% are good guys trying to make a living doing the right thing, the last 20% are douchebags. That's my assessment, I'll let you know as the percentages change. That said, I still adhere to the old adage here: "Never invite the man into your life if it can at all be avoided"

How do you fit six wives on top of a refrigerator?
Dear Penthouse Forum I never thought I'd have to explain this but.... -Brigham Young, Jr.

Boy, you guys are going to LOVE the way they describe my house if things go pear-shaped someday. [rockon]
"Ukrainian President Zelensky was horrified to learn today that a local Massachusetts man was found to have more armaments in his domicile than were provided in the most recent aid package from NATO."

The conditioning has started with Maura. She instructed the state legislation to work on a bill limiting total fire arms per person and total purchases per lifetime.

Back
Top Bottom