• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

(03)FFL to (03)FFL Interstate Sale/Transfer

Hello All:

I am unfamiliar with MA State and Local Laws.

Would I be in violation of any state or local laws if I sell and ship an (03) eligible rifle to an (03) C&R holder in MA? I am a PA (03) C&R holder.

Thank you for your help!

TM

Federal law allows the interstate transfer, providing that state and local laws are followed. The only thing you'll need to cover yourself in addition to the standard signed copy of the recipient's FFL is a copy of his or her current Firearms Identification Card or License to Carry. If the rifle in question is a semi-automatic with a capacity of over ten rounds, then a License to Carry Firearms (either Class A or B, with or without any restrictions) is required; otherwise, any LTC or an unrestricted FID will suffice. Any large capacity magazines (as defined by the old federal ban) must be of pre-ban manufacture; post-ban magazines, whether LEO-only marked or post-expiration are prohibited.

Ken

Federal law allows the interstate transfer, providing that state and local laws are followed. The only thing you'll need to cover yourself in addition to the standard signed copy of the recipient's FFL is a copy of his or her current Firearms Identification Card or License to Carry. If the rifle in question is a semi-automatic with a capacity of over ten rounds, then a License to Carry Firearms (either Class A or B, with or without any restrictions) is required; otherwise, any LTC or an unrestricted FID will suffice. Any large capacity magazines (as defined by the old federal ban) must be of pre-ban manufacture; post-ban magazines, whether LEO-only marked or post-expiration are prohibited.

Ken

Thank you for your reply Mr. Maurer!

TM

Back
Top Bottom