• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

03 Renewal Question

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 67409

I used to have a 03 about a decade ago. I let it expire because I wasn't buying guns or shooting for a few years, basically during law shcool. I have since moved and I now want to "renew" my 03. I put renew in quotes because ATF's website indicates that if you let a FFL expire, you complete a Form 7/7CR, rather than a Form 8.

On pages 3-4 of the Form 7/7CR, there's a questionnaire regarding "Responsible Person". The definition of "Responsible Person" is:

In addition to a Sole Proprietor, a Responsible Person is, in the case of a Corporation, Partnership, or Association, any individual possessing, directly or indirectly, the power to direct or cause the direction of the management, policies, and practices of the Corporation, Partnership, or Association, insofar as they pertain to firearms.

I am applying for the 03 in my individual capacity, not as part of a corp/partnership/association/LLC, etc.

I'm 99% sure the answer is no, but as an individual, do I fill out pages 3-4 as a Responsible Person?

I used to have a 03 about a decade ago. I let it expire because I wasn't buying guns or shooting for a few years, basically during law shcool. I have since moved and I now want to "renew" my 03. I put renew in quotes because ATF's website indicates that if you let a FFL expire, you complete a Form 7/7CR, rather than a Form 8.

On pages 3-4 of the Form 7/7CR, there's a questionnaire regarding "Responsible Person". The definition of "Responsible Person" is:

I am applying for the 03 in my individual capacity, not as part of a corp/partnership/association/LLC, etc.

I'm 99% sure the answer is no, but as an individual, do I fill out pages 3-4 as a Responsible Person?
Correct, you are the responsible person. A lot of stuff on those forms is aimed at businesses/corps. even though 03s can't operate as a business. So ignore or "N/A" those areas that aren't appropriate.

I just sent mine in for a change of address, what I do remember is a note saying "If you're applying for a collectors license, don't fill out the below boxes...."

I'd contact them direct. They were quick to respond to questions I had.

Any idea what the processing time is these days?

I mailed mine renewal in the end of December and they charged my card mid January but I haven’t received my license as of yet. My current license expired on the first.

Thanks,

Bob

Back
Top Bottom