03a4 at Four Seasons

jpm

Just a heads-up if anyone is interested in a restoration project, there's an 03a4 at Four Seasons right now. I checked it out yesterday and it looks to be an original barreled receiver from the first run. Barrel date is correct range for the receiver and has the punch mark under the muzzle so its almost certainly the original barrel. Nice strong mirror bore. The bolt is the correct type but I didn't examine closely enough to tell it its an original a4 bolt or a modified remington bolt. Everything else is wrong. Straight stock with no inspector marks or proof P. The scope mount is a commercial one and its wrong where the rear ring sits. The Weaver 330 scope is a fine crosshair but it is not the correct click stop windage and elevation knob model so most likely wrong as well (no electro pencil either). So you'd need stock, scope and mount at the least, perhaps a bolt. Asking is $2100 which to me is a bit high for what it currently is but I may be wrong.

I was a lucky sob when browsing the AIM Surplus site back in 2014 when suddenly i see they have Rock Ridge 03-A4-geries in stock ! I grabbed my debit card and got one . A "recommisioned" drill reciever, new bolt, new C stock, new criterion barrel . Hi lux M82 period correct repro scope and mount all for $1500 back in 2014.

I was a lucky sob when browsing the AIM Surplus site back in 2014 when suddenly i see they have Rock Ridge 03-A4-geries in stock ! I grabbed my debit card and got one . A "recommisioned" drill reciever, new bolt, new C stock, new criterion barrel . Hi lux M82 period correct repro scope and mount all for $1500 back in 2014.
I remember those. I considered buying one but couldn’t bring myself to since I don’t shoot my milsurps too often. I have a Rem 03A3 that’s a great shooter

Nice! I remember those rifles but I held out and found a real one a few years after that for a decent price. Those repro scopes are a lot brighter than the originals due to the modern coatings on the lenses.

I did for a few years at Pelham but over the past several years the September event date always conflicts with a motorcycle rally that I attend in VT.
Well now you can do both! LOL there is a CMP Vintage Sniper (team of 2) in mid-Sept at Camp Ethan Allen (CEATS). A lot of fun with electronic targets and one stage each 300 and 600. CEATS is a great facility and that week in September is always beautiful.

Well now you can do both! LOL there is a CMP Vintage Sniper (team of 2) in mid-Sept at Camp Ethan Allen (CEATS). A lot of fun with electronic targets and one stage each 300 and 600. CEATS is a great facility and that week in September is always beautiful.
Where is that?

LC brass, 47.5 gr / 4064 and the 155 gr Nosler CC is my load . Very good shooter at 600 yds. She does abuse my shoulder after about 20 shots. Thank god for my pussy PAST pad !

Is that I4064 or AA4064? I'm guessing its I4064

Yea, I need to visit Jericho VT. A couple of my vintage shooting buddies over at Pelham keep hammering me to visit. Wasnt there some type of conflict between the CMP and CEA ?

Where is that?
Closest town to Camp Ethan Allen is Jericho, VT. Very cool facility. Here's the skinny on the site: Camp Ethan Allen Training Site / Ethan Allen Firing Range
Awesome place. Sometimes the 10th Mtn guys will come out to see how we are doing on their range. There's an entire series of matches run by the CMP (Civilian Marksmanship Program). Combined vets and active duty probably outnumber straight up civilians but anyone is welcome. There are women who kick everyone else's butt too.

Anyone who has an 03A4-gery, a USMC model 1941 sniper clone, Swedish Mauser M41b sniper or clone, Mosin PU sniper, etc. will have a blast in this competition. You'll need to know your dope to get on 'paper' (electronic targets [thumbsup] ) at 300 then 600 yards, but you and your teammate have ~5 minutes for unlimited sighters before shots for score.

Here's the link to the 'New England Games' website: New England CMP Games & CMP HP Rifle Matches - Civilian Marksmanship Program

You'll notice this pic on the website. At center that's my fat ass on the stool while I look through a spotting scope. Pic was taken there before CMP adopted the electronic targets. That's range 4-1, but the entire area has great scenery.

NewEnglandCMPGames-300x182.jpg
)

Closest town to Camp Ethan Allen is Jericho, VT. Very cool facility. Here's the skinny on the site: Camp Ethan Allen Training Site / Ethan Allen Firing Range
Awesome place. Sometimes the 10th Mtn guys will come out to see how we are doing on their range. There's an entire series of matches run by the CMP (Civilian Marksmanship Program). Combined vets and active duty probably outnumber straight up civilians but anyone is welcome. There are women who kick everyone else's butt too.

Anyone who has an 03A4-gery, a USMC model 1941 sniper clone, Swedish Mauser M41b sniper or clone, Mosin PU sniper, etc. will have a blast in this competition. You'll need to know your dope to get on 'paper' (electronic targets [thumbsup] ) at 300 then 600 yards, but you and your teammate have ~5 minutes for unlimited sighters before shots for score.

Here's the link to the 'New England Games' website: New England CMP Games & CMP HP Rifle Matches - Civilian Marksmanship Program

You'll notice this pic on the website. At center that's my fat ass on the stool while I look through a spotting scope. Pic was taken there before CMP adopted the electronic targets. That's range 4-1, but the entire area has great scenery.

NewEnglandCMPGames-300x182.jpg
)

During the cmp VS match course of fire are the etargets raised and lowered for a 20 second timed duration ?

During the cmp VS match course of fire are the etargets raised and lowered for a 20 second timed duration ?
No, that is handled via having the shooters dismount from the rifle. Not uncommon to see DQ's when someone pulls the trigger when they should not.

Back
Top Bottom