+1 For Yaesu Parts Department

cockpitbob

NES Member
My first impression of Yaesu customer service is good!

I bought an old Yaesu 2M mobile (FT-2600) at the Marlborough flea. After several hours of trying to understand how it worked I realized the front panel rubber pushbuttons were worn out and functioned intermittently (especially the one that had a aluminum foil and rubber band repair job) [shocked]

A few days and a few emails later I found that Yaesu's parts people (Vertex in California) still had some in stock even though they've been obsolete for a while. $3.05!!!! They could have easly said "That radio is too old. Throw it away and buy another." For $3 I get to fix my radio!!!!

I had a similar experience with the Icom that was in my truck. The volume knob on the 2 meter was intermittent. The solder was solid, so I contacted them. Sent them the radio and for $35 got a new board and an apology that they could not replace the face plate which had a tiny scratch on it because they had no more of those parts for the 20 year old radio.

Yea, I had to call Yaesu for a part when I ordered a Charger for my FT-60. I ordered it off eBay...and told them so. They sent me the right charger for my wall, but it was a European plug. Yaesu parts sent me out the adapter and said they were sorry I was given the wront part. I said that it wasn't their problem, but thanked them anyway for just sending me out the correcet adapter.

I now own three...and hope to be soon four Yaesu radios.

I also called Icom about a used IC-207 I picked up...no display lights. For 4 bucks, they shipped me out two lights for replacement. Now, I just need to find someone with some solder skilz to help me replace them...

Yea, I had to call Yaesu for a part when I ordered a Charger for my FT-60. I ordered it off eBay...and told them so. They sent me the right charger for my wall, but it was a European plug. Yaesu parts sent me out the adapter and said they were sorry I was given the wront part. I said that it wasn't their problem, but thanked them anyway for just sending me out the correcet adapter.

I now own three...and hope to be soon four Yaesu radios.

I also called Icom about a used IC-207 I picked up...no display lights. For 4 bucks, they shipped me out two lights for replacement. Now, I just need to find someone with some solder skilz to help me replace them...

I'm pretty skilled with the soldering iron.

Back
Top Bottom