10 mm Ammo???

rkwjunior

NES Member
I'm sure im not the first to ask!!!! where in Lrds name do i find 10mm ammo at a resonable price??? I just picked up a Glock 20c and am on the prowl to find food for it. I'm told its a big no no to shoot reload and lead ammo out of her. Someone show me the way to the promiseland!!!!

The only way you will get 10mm ammo at a reasonable price is to load your own. You can shoot reloads out of a Glock. Just load correctly and use FMJ, TMJ, or JHP. Or if you really want to use lead, get an aftermarket barrel with conventional rifling.

The promised land is making your own. Buying it is just to expensive. Most factory loaded ammo is loaded very light considering what the 10mm is capable of so you just shooting real expensive .40 S&W loads. You can buy an aftermarket barrel that will handle lead bullets if you choose. The only way to shoot a 10mm more than a couple times a year is to reload for it. I think the cheapest ammo I saw a year ago was Remington and it was $29.00 a box.

So why is everyone telling me its a no no??? .What would make a dangerous scenario with reloded 10mm in a G20. How much to get started reloading?? i suppose i should go to the reload area of the Forum.

I just bought a box of 180grFMJ........$37.99[shocked]
Needless to say dies, brass and bullets are on order. I just came into possession of a G20 and am in the same boat but I already reload.

The only way you will get 10mm ammo at a reasonable price is to load your own. You can shoot reloads out of a Glock. Just load correctly and use FMJ, TMJ, or JHP. Or if you really want to use lead, get an aftermarket barrel with conventional rifling.

While 10mm has many possibilities for reloaders, I've been told Acme's price for Hornady 10mm is fair.

I just bought a box of 180grFMJ........$37.99[shocked]

Second the [shocked]. That's ~$10 more than our Hornady is marked as.

http://qmmo.net

10mm Auto 165 Gr. FP-FMJ (Win)
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1250[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Glock 20 - 4.6"
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Box(50)
Bag(100)
Bulk(500)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bulk(1000)[/FONT][/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$18.00
$32.00
$155.00
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$300.00[/FONT]​

So why is everyone telling me its a no no???

Glocks have polygonal rifling. If you shoot lead, you can get lead buildup in the barrel. Enough buildup and you can overpressure the gun.

How much to get started reloading?? i suppose i should go to the reload area of the Forum.

Take EddieCoyle's reloading class.

Most 10mm factory ammo has no balls. It's like shooting a .40S&W but more expensive. Unless you shell out BIG bucks for Double Tap or Buffalo Bore your never going to have any fun. Reload and you can make ammo that will be as bad-ass as you want it to be. I've reloaded hundred of rounds of nuclear strength 10mm and I can barely change my own oil, it's not rocket science. With a good teacher like EC you can't go wrong.

And BTW I reload my 10s on an el cheapo lee turret press w/out an auto powder measure. Keep it real simple and affordable.

Last edited:
Glocks have polygonal rifling. If you shoot lead, you can get lead buildup in the barrel. Enough buildup and you can overpressure the gun.

Take EddieCoyle's reloading class.

This is true for all glocks off the shelf, as they have the poly rifling.

THIS!!!!! It is amazing and you will learn more than you can imagine!

I'm sure im not the first to ask!!!! where in Lrds name do i find 10mm ammo at a resonable price??? I just picked up a Glock 20c and am on the prowl to find food for it. I'm told its a big no no to shoot reload and lead ammo out of her. Someone show me the way to the promiseland!!!!

There is no such thing. The only affordable 10mm ammo in existence was in my basement and I sold all of mine over the past couple of years or so to friends here on NES. [laugh]

Seriously though, you have to reload 10mm in order to make it worthwhile. If you didn't think about this before buying the gun, then you just bought a safe queen- unless, you are independently wealthy, but my guess is, if you are asking this, probably not, because you would have just bought a case of like Rem UMC 180, or CCI Blazer 200, or Fed AE 180. Most of those are like well into the 24+ dollar a box range now at most shops.

If you're in a pinch, to get plinking stuff, I would talk to QMMO here on NES. Alan makes good ammo, for the price point. Make sure you save your brass to bring to him, I'm sure 10mm is hard to come by for brass.

-Mike

Truth be told you can shoot lead in poly barrels just fine, but you have to know what you are doing. I know a guy who pours tons of 155 gr .40 call lead bullets through his Glock 22 just fine. (which is a gun 5 times more likely to blow up than say, a G20). I would not be doing it with bullets that came off the shelf, so to speak. I would want to be casting and sizing my own so I could tweak the bullet size and hardness to the barrel. That's pretty hard-core for most, though.

-Mike

If you are going to do medium to hot loads in a Glock 10mm barrel, get an aftermarket barrel. The Glock barrels tend to ruin brass due to an unsupported chamber. KKM is nice.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

If you are going to do medium to hot loads in a Glock 10mm barrel, get an aftermarket barrel. The Glock barrels tend to ruin brass due to an unsupported chamber. KKM is nice.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

So if i get an aftermarket barrel like Lonewolf or KKM then i dont have to worry about the unsupported chamber crap??? This is all new to me, in case no one noticed.

Back
Top Bottom