10 mm Comparison

US1000

NES Member
Anyone compared the S&W 10mm 2.0 Performance Center with ported barrel to the Glock 20, Sig? Curious on feedback. I don’t love the Glock 20 which I own. Seen YT vids comparing to the Glock but want the community’s feedback especially with the Sig. Generally carry Sig so like the idea of having a similar trigger. Maybe Sig will release more models?

I have a pretty solid collection of 10mm pistols, although I don't have the S&W and probably won't acquire one, S&W just isn't my thing. I agree the Glock 20 is not a great 10mm pistol, its way better than the 29 though.

The two best 10mm pistols in my subjective opinion are the Sig 220 and the FN 510. I happen to have the Sig Legion but I'm sure the standard 220 is fine. For the FN 510, I have the tactical version since I almost always shoot suppressed. These two pistols are hands down above all the others I own. I'm not including SAO 1911 style pistols since based on your inquiry you want a striker or double action.

Anyone compared the S&W 10mm 2.0 Performance Center with ported barrel to the Glock 20, Sig? Curious on feedback. I don’t love the Glock 20 which I own. Seen YT vids comparing to the Glock but want the community’s feedback especially with the Sig. Generally carry Sig so like the idea of having a similar trigger. Maybe Sig will release more models?

a buddy I have coffee with in the morning is an engineer at SW Springfield. If the trigger upgrade they put into it is as good as he say it is (described as "better than a P320"), It'll be a pretty solid entry. I'm line in line to abuse his employee discount and get one for $375 + tax + FFL fee.

Just like any other comparison, it is super objective. There are obviously differences in build quality, but what fits your hand best and shoots best is entirely subjective. I didn’t care much for the G20. The G29 worked much better for me personally. The CZ-EAA design works best for me. The 1911 design also works well for me. All the Tupperware guns work less well for me. I like Sig and have Sigs but I don’t shoot them as well as other guns, particularly 1911’s and CZ SP-01/Shadows. So you really have to spend a lot of time with various makes and models. I have owned many different 10’s. Never cared for the 220 (a very solidly built gun) or the FN’s. Just don’t fit me well. 10s like the Dan Wesson 1911s and the IFG defiant stocks are built incredibly well and just have the best ergos and triggers from my experience.

Just like any other comparison, it is super objective. There are obviously differences in build quality, but what fits your hand best and shoots best is entirely subjective. I didn’t care much for the G20. The G29 worked much better for me personally. The CZ-EAA design works best for me. The 1911 design also works well for me. All the Tupperware guns work less well for me. I like Sig and have Sigs but I don’t shoot them as well as other guns, particularly 1911’s and CZ SP-01/Shadows. So you really have to spend a lot of time with various makes and models. I have owned many different 10’s. Never cared for the 220 (a very solidly built gun) or the FN’s. Just don’t fit me well. 10s like the Dan Wesson 1911s and the IFG defiant stocks are built incredibly well and just have the best ergos and triggers from my experience.
This comment is objectively subjective.

I have a pretty solid collection of 10mm pistols, although I don't have the S&W and probably won't acquire one, S&W just isn't my thing. I agree the Glock 20 is not a great 10mm pistol, its way better than the 29 though.

The two best 10mm pistols in my subjective opinion are the Sig 220 and the FN 510. I happen to have the Sig Legion but I'm sure the standard 220 is fine. For the FN 510, I have the tactical version since I almost always shoot suppressed. These two pistols are hands down above all the others I own. I'm not including SAO 1911 style pistols since based on your inquiry you want a striker or double action.
Can you explain why the G20 is interior to the FN? I have heard some good things about FN, am curious.

a buddy I have coffee with in the morning is an engineer at SW Springfield. If the trigger upgrade they put into it is as good as he say it is (described as "better than a P320"), It'll be a pretty solid entry. I'm line in line to abuse his employee discount and get one for $375 + tax + FFL fee.
Thanks. That’s quite the discount!

I can tell you SW won the challenge for the ugliest gun. And that is tough to do against Glock.

Last edited:
I have the Sig P220 Elite. It's all steel and SAO. Comfortable to shoot and a great Range gun and if I wanted a 10mm for Backpacking it would work well even considering the weight. I do want a P320 10 though. Can't justify the expense right now though.

Can you explain why the G20 is interior to the FN? I have heard some good things about FN, am curious.
For a large and reasonably heavy pistol it is not by any measure a smooth shooter to me. The P220 on the other hand is very easy to manage and I've found the same with the FN. The FN is silenced so that weight off the front will tend to make it smoother, I have very few unsuppressed rounds through the pistol to compare.

For a large and reasonably heavy pistol it is not by any measure a smooth shooter to me. The P220 on the other hand is very easy to manage and I've found the same with the FN. The FN is silenced so that weight off the front will tend to make it smoother, I have very few unsuppressed rounds through the pistol to compare.
How is suppression of 10mm? It’s not subsonic. I have a can that will work up to .45 so may try. Will need a threaded barrel though. Maybe try a 220 again.

How is suppression of 10mm? It’s not subsonic. I have a can that will work up to .45 so may try. Will need a threaded barrel though. Maybe try a 220 again.
It takes the edge off with a short silencer but it’s still loud. Running a full length silencer is almost worse, you get so much noise from the port with the added flow restriction.

It takes the edge off with a short silencer but it’s still loud. Running a full length silencer is almost worse, you get so much noise from the port with the added flow restriction.
Thanks. My can has the option of long or short configuration.

Thanks. That’s quite the discount!
I was supposed to be working for them myself, and using my own discount, but another one of my "friends" Said I'd get in there on his name alone... and that was not the case.

Sig Sauer and Smith and Wesson have a great employee discount program, basically half MSRP +/- 5%.

I have A G20SF, M&P 10mm 4" M&P 10mm Performance Center, XDM Elite 10mm. The G20 by far kicks the most, but it's also been perfectly reliable for the 10 years or so I've had it. The M&P 4" Has less recoil than the G20, but had a ton of problems, mostly related to the extractor. The XDM Kicked the least, but just doesn't fit my hands great. I use the small backstraps on M&Ps for example. And unfortunately I haven't shot the Performance Center yet. Most likely will shoot it this weekend. I ordered the Apex extractor for it and some safety plugs that are coming in on Saturday.

I have A G20SF, M&P 10mm 4" M&P 10mm Performance Center, XDM Elite 10mm. The G20 by far kicks the most, but it's also been perfectly reliable for the 10 years or so I've had it. The M&P 4" Has less recoil than the G20, but had a ton of problems, mostly related to the extractor. The XDM Kicked the least, but just doesn't fit my hands great. I use the small backstraps on M&Ps for example. And unfortunately I haven't shot the Performance Center yet. Most likely will shoot it this weekend. I ordered the Apex extractor for it and some safety plugs that are coming in on Saturday.
Thx. Let me know how that goes with the performance center.

At the risk of stoking up a barrage of NES "Hey boomer" jokes, have you tried a 1911 in 10mm? Worth checking out if you can accept the capacity.
If you need to shoot a polar bear while framing a house I think the 1911 is a good choice

Fixed it for you.
H4532-L185319922_original.jpg

thatll do james cromwell GIF

I am waiting patiently, well not THAT patiently; fr the EEA Witness 2311 commander 1911 style 10 mm commander double stack. I think it suppose to be under $1k. optics ready as well.

Lost on the whole purpose of your ask.

I have a G20. I’m very happy with it and would absolutely own it over a S&W M&P 10mm.

I do also own a S&W 1006 in 10mm, kinda rough but I like it. But it’s old school.

I’m still hoping to get an old school blued Colt Delta Elite

I am waiting patiently, well not THAT patiently; fr the EEA Witness 2311 commander 1911 style 10 mm commander double stack. I think it suppose to be under $1k. optics ready as well.
It's called the Defiant Stock Master and is imported by IFG. These are all Tanfoglio and are based on the awesome CZ design.

10mm comparison?

Ok this is very subjective but I'll give you my 2 cents worth just for fun.

Here is a list of 10mm handguns I have owned and some I still have.

1. Colt Delta Elite. (Big name, Big price, horrible performance for me but a very nice looking icon for sure)

2. Kimber Target II 1911 ( still have it and it's better than the Colt for me but still Meh)

3. Sig 220 Elite Long Slide ( Great gun but super heavy and horrible factory trigger in my opinion for such a big price)

4 . Springfield TRP long slide 1911 (Fantastic gun, very expensive and yes a bit heavy but the best one so far and like a dumbass I sold that one.)

5. Glock Gen 4 model 20 ( This one always just works but definitely not as exciting as some of the others.)

6. Glock 29 gen 3 ( Absolutely love this gun and it really handles full load 10mm even though some others have not enjoyed this one, I would not let this one go.)

7. Smith & Wesson M 2.0 Performance center M & P
( I don't know yet on this one as I have not fired it yet but I will tell you they did a fantastic job with the trigger on this one so I'm hoping for good things.)

In the end my opinion is just that, and you really need to decide for yourself.

If I had to have absolutely only 1 10mm I think for me I would have to go buy that long slide Springfield 1911 again.

Back
Top Bottom