• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

10 Year Old Boy Killed By Pellet Gun

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Fresno County boy, 10, dies after being shot with a pellet gun

A 10-year-old Fresno County boy is dead after authorities say he was shot with a pellet gun while riding his bike in the Tollhouse area. The shooting happened near Hidden Hollow Lane and Quail Mountain Lane. Authorities say the boy's death was the result of a tragic accident after the boy was killed by a playmate who fired a pellet gun.

Family members attempted to save the boy before emergency medical crews arrived at the scene. The boy was airlifted to Community Regional Medical Center in Fresno, but did not survive the wound that was fired by a weapon that many consider to be a toy.

Full Story >>> http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/local&id=8942953

[sad2]

Holy S**T I was thinking it must have been a hell of a head shot but the video said it was a shot to the chest. must have been a serious pellet gun. This is why even the air rifles are locked in the safe. this is very sad

Authorities say the boy's death was the result of a tragic accident after the boy was killed by a playmate who fired a pellet gun.

Sad story yes. However, from reading this, I can't tell if the poor kid died from being shot by the pellet gun or from the resulting accident that occurred after being shot.
Horrible thing to have happen regardless though. [sad]

Growing up years ago, we actually had BB/Pellet gun "fights". We played Army style with "guns blazing". Rules were "no more than 2 pumps on an air rifle, and do not aim for the head". Luckily nobody was hurt! But as some of you know, we did a lot of things back then that would get you a swat team arrival today. And the BB/Pellet guns were usually not as powerful. This was a very unfortunate and tragic accident that took a life needlessly. [sad]

We used to do the same thing, my parents would have had a heart attack but no one ever got seriously hurt. We had the sense to put on swimming/scuba masks atleast lol.

You're gonna see some pellet gun legislation now because of one incident. Very sad.

shot placement.

but yeah, these new guns are no friggin' joke. should be treated just like a firearm as it'll kill you just as dead.

Growing up years ago, we actually had BB/Pellet gun "fights". We played Army style with "guns blazing". Rules were "no more than 2 pumps on an air rifle, and do not aim for the head". Luckily nobody was hurt! But as some of you know, we did a lot of things back then that would get you a swat team arrival today. And the BB/Pellet guns were usually not as powerful. This was a very unfortunate and tragic accident that took a life needlessly. [sad]
+1

This is a very tragic accident that will likely be added to the list of things that "need" regulation. As others have said these newer pellet rifles are no joke! I have a suppressed one that exceeds 1300 fps and is a break barrel so it just needs to be cocked and not pumped up like the old style rifles. I actually bought it because I have a serious problem with damage to my home from squirrels and chipmunks, and I felt bad about just"wounding" them with my old Crossman pump style. This one takes them down as well as any .22 rifle would.

I have a few pellet guns that I use for backyard plinking and indoor winter practice. When I use them I take it as an opportunity to practice safe gun handling techniques and remind myself of the 4 rules. I sure wouldn't want to get shot by one, even a 400 fps pellet would hurt badly I think. You can get some very accurate, fun airguns for low $$$. Airguns have a great fun per dollar ratio.

I have a Ruger Air Magnum and the recoil and report are more pronounced than my 10/22. It will easily shoot through 5/8" plywood. It will register the same FPS as a 22, even more with hyper velocity pellets.

Last edited:
That's horrible. They're not toys at all. New pellet guns can be up to 1250fps. Not like daddy's old BB gun. Tragic though. [thinking]

It is tragic. Why did his parents allow him to have that rifle without the proper training? It only takes an hour or so (they learn quick) to teach your child that no gun is a toy and should never be pointed at anyone unless to protect yourself and family and at no game unless you intend to eat it. Parents need to take responsibility.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a very tragic accident that will likely be added to the list of things that "need" regulation. As others have said these newer pellet rifles are no joke! I have a suppressed one that exceeds 1300 fps and is a break barrel so it just needs to be cocked and not pumped up like the old style rifles. I actually bought it because I have a serious problem with damage to my home from squirrels and chipmunks, and I felt bad about just"wounding" them with my old Crossman pump style. This one takes them down as well as any .22 rifle would.

Same here. It's no toy.

i couldn't get the link to work. Was it the fall from the bike?

I know from my right butt cheek there not a joke. Sleeping in the bath room my buddy didn't think I was that drunk. I told him go a head shoot me. He realized I was drunk when my pants turned red and I just went wtf shut the lights off. Couldn't sit on that side for some time.

Sad story yes. However, from reading this, I can't tell if the poor kid died from being shot by the pellet gun or from the resulting accident that occurred after being shot.
Horrible thing to have happen regardless though. [sad]

I was wondering the same thing as I read it. Was the COD a pellet wound shot to the chest or was it trauma from falling off his bike after being hit with the pellet? Sad story either way. Prayers for the boy, his family, and his friend (I don't know how he'll ever get over something like that).

I was wondering the same thing as I read it. Was the COD a pellet wound shot to the chest or was it trauma from falling off his bike after being hit with the pellet?

The article isn't very clearly written:

Authorities say the boy's death was the result of a tragic accident after the boy was killed by a playmate who fired a pellet gun.

This line makes it sound like the kid died from the pellet wound, and then died again crashing his bike. [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom