100 % ers; is it worth getting the Military ID Card

Just curious what the benefits are to getting the ID card. I know it opens the door to the PX and Commissary(I was told the sales their are not great). What else can you use the card for?

What’s the process to get one? I’m not even sure I have my discharge papers anymore. (From 1985).
You have to go to a Military Base like Hanscom AFB with your proof that you are 100% DAV and some other docs then they will issue a 2765 ID Card, looks like your old ID when you were on active duty.

Discount at Texas Roadhouse (at least the one in Walpole, unsure about others). A few times a year Ocean State Job Lot offers a military discount as well.

I'm sure that there are many others.

Depot can be a pita. They like active id’s and if you have disabled id it must say service connected. Chicopee dicked around my father a couple times.

Depot can be a pita. They like active id’s and if you have disabled id it must say service connected. Chicopee dicked around my father a couple times.

Might go by store manager, the Home Depot in Bellingham MA, took my sons veteran plate as proof. He didn’t have his I’d on him and I was picking up a large high value tool chest, they looked at his car plate and we had no issue.

Harry

I have the DD214 printed on my MA drivers license. Lowe’s gives you 10% and like stated above, Home Crapo does dick you around. It’s easier to have it on your drivers lic than having to get another ID.

I have the DD214 printed on my MA drivers license. Lowe’s gives you 10% and like stated above, Home Crapo does dick you around. It’s easier to have it on your drivers lic than having to get another ID.
Weird. The Lowes in Nashua does NOT accept the retired ID anymore. You have to get their points cards or some such shit, and prove veteran status upon applying, then it will be annotated on the card. My VA card does not say service connected on it at all even though I am.

In NH you can have your veteran status reflected on the new driver's licenses and HD will accept that.

The only time I have issue at HD is for large appliances like the fridge we just bought. We dicked them down on a sale or some shit, and then I whipped out the card and the system wouldn't allow the discount.

In mass, you get get “veteran” on your DL if you have a DD-214 when you get your license. If you are going for a Real ID, it makes sense to use your DD-214 as a form of proving citizenship and get both.

Just curious what the benefits are to getting the ID card. I know it opens the door to the PX and Commissary(I was told the sales their are not great). What else can you use the card for?
The class 6 on Hanscom has Tito's vodka for almost $8 less per handle than the NHSLS. Espelon Tequila for $5 less a bottle. For the exchange, meh. I only run in there if I need something urgently (I work right outside the base). The gas station provides no savings.

DOD ID card gives you access to any US military base in the world. Nice for traveling as most bases have inexpensive lodging.
VA ID card received upon enrollment for healthcare services is only used for ID in VA facilities. HD usually wants the VA card for the 10%.

The class 6 on Hanscom has Tito's vodka for almost $8 less per handle than the NHSLS. Espelon Tequila for $5 less a bottle.

Makes me wonder if the PX prices basically strip off all the state-level liquor excise taxes, because the MA price (at a Kappys, lets say, or some other big chain) for that is probably lower than NH by a couple bucks, but that difference is a huge amount.

-Mike

Makes me wonder if the PX prices basically strip off all the state-level liquor excise taxes, because the MA price (at a Kappys, lets say, or some other big chain) for that is probably lower than NH by a couple bucks, but that difference is a huge amount.

-Mike
As Mike noted, that is one definate savings, there are no MA taxes on anything @ the PX(BX).

-Mike

Yep, I believe that's exactly it. I stop in and load up on tequila and vodka once a month

As Mike noted, that is one definate savings, there are no MA taxes on anything @ the PX(BX).

Yeah, it's the only thing I tend to see there that has a good discount on it. The beer prices are good too, and they actually have a decent selection of craft beer....

Yep, I believe that's exactly it. I stop in and load up on tequila and vodka once a month
I am convinced, going to Hanscom Friday to check it out.

Yeah, it's the only thing I tend to see there that has a good discount on it. The beer prices are good too, and they actually have a decent selection of craft beer....

You need that card for all your medical visits, you drop in the Kiosk prior to your appointment it loads your info then your respond to a few questions. I have been using that card @ HD, Loes, 99Rest., etc

The Veteran's ID is for a Veteran that does not have any other type of ID to show they are Veteran. A Veteran who is using the VA Medical system, will have the ID you are talking about and someone who was discharged medically or who retired will have an ID. If someone obtains a Veteran ID, they can stop carrying around a DD 214 with them as documentation of their service.

At Home Depot, an employee has to see your ID and then give the discount every time you check out.

At Lowes, you sign up for the discount online, and once approved, you get the discount automatically by scanning your "My Lowes" card. when you go through the self checkout, "Thank You For Your Service" pops up on the screen.
Lowes gives you the discount even when ordering online and getting it delivered to your house. Much better system.

Back
Top Bottom