10mm ammo could be available at Walmart

Shamelessly ripped from a post HERE at GlockTalk.

"Spoke with a Walmart big wig that is interested in providing better ammo selections/choices for their customers. Their plan is to attract more businss in reguards to individuals who use and/or carry firearms. Anyway I was told that if a demand or request for 10mm is made by a large # of customers they would carry it on a regular basis at their multiple stores. I was thinking we can start a web based petition similar to the g20sf petition that was available here a couple of yeas ago. It obviously worked for Glock maybe we can do the same with walmart.

a petition to show Walmart interest in the availbiliy of 10mm ammo at their local stores is set up. Please so your support by signing the petition.
Thanks
http://www.petitiononline.com/YellowTT/petition.html "

what wal mart stocks has nothing to do with customers wants.....its all about floorspace,turnaround,profit.

If wal mart was serious about ammo sales(massachusetts anyway) They would have pallets full on a regular basis
The wal mart in plymouth has 4 gun clubs surounding it....they hardly have a good amount of stock on the common fodder
Mostly the federal value pack of 12 and 20 gauge. ammo is nothing more than a lead in for wal mart. If they actually had a sporting goods section anymore it may work. The wall mart in halifax had great sporting goods section for the 1st 5 or 6 years now its down to 2 isles with the really crap of crap fishing gear and maybe a few knifes.......
Same goes for dicks sporting goods in plymouth, always low on stock???

back when dicks 1st opened our club tried getting in on their out door group sales gig they had going.
When they finally got back to us we where told....we cant handle orders that big??? 30 cases of gun clubs?

Last edited:
Isn't most factory 10mm (at least what walmart might possibly sell) only loaded to .40 S&W velocities? Outside of like doubletap, corbon, etc. I don't see much factory 10mm out there loaded to it's potential. For that reason (and cost, obviously) I load my own.

My understanding of Wal-Mart (based on discussions with a CT store employee that is a shooter) is that it has a lot to do with the specific stores regional manager(s). If he will agree to expanded ammo/reloading supplies, etc. sales, then the sporting goods clerk can fire away. If the managers are less co-operative, it doesn't matter what the store clerk wants to do for local shooting customers.

Isn't most factory 10mm (at least what walmart might possibly sell) only loaded to .40 S&W velocities? Outside of like doubletap, corbon, etc. I don't see much factory 10mm out there loaded to it's potential. For that reason (and cost, obviously) I load my own.

IMO this isn't true- things like Rem UMC 180 10mm are definitely hotter than .40 S+W, but IMO those loads are not at true 10mm full power spec.

You will not find anything on a store shelf that is loaded up to the original "Norma Power Point" level of 10mm spec.

The best way to get good 10mm Ammo, is to load it yourself. If you want defense ammo, I would suggest getting some Speer Gold dot 180 gr bullets, and work up a load around that.

-Mike

IMO this isn't true- things like Rem UMC 180 10mm are definitely hotter than .40 S+W, but IMO those loads are not at true 10mm full power spec.

You will not find anything on a store shelf that is loaded up to the original "Norma Power Point" level of 10mm spec.

The best way to get good 10mm Ammo, is to load it yourself. If you want defense ammo, I would suggest getting some Speer Gold dot 180 gr bullets, and work up a load around that.

-Mike

Thanks for the correction. My 10mm isn't my go-to gun for defense, but I generally stick to whatever hot factory JHP I can find for defense anyway. I've been loading 10mm plinking ammo with Blue Dot. It has a pretty good punch and an impressive fireball ;)

Anyway, I'm all for anything that might lead to 10mm gaining in popularity.

Back
Top Bottom