10mm Ammo

I am a new proud owner of a 10mm, Glock 29, which is by the way the best round ever [smile] . Just wondering what the other 10mmer shooters pay for ammo and where the cheapest prices are, or if I should just bite it and get a reloader.
Thanks!!

double tap

Hey iodonnel,

I shoot american eagle, or what ever is on sale/get my hands on. If you want the "good stuff" try Double Tap Ammuntion, they make some really hot stuff. I love my G29, but bought a .40SW barrel for it to save some money. Most gun shops will order ammo for you. Check out Glock Talk for more info on Double Tap.

im in the same boat as boston irish

i buy whatever is cheapest for my glock 29 and 20

eddiecoyle should sniff out this thread and direct you where to go...hes the man to talk to about 10mm

If you're going to reload the 10mm, and you're shooting a Glock with a factory barrel, you should get an undersized die from Evolution Gun Works. This die will iron out the "Glock Bulge".

Better yet, get a replacement barrel with better chamber support.

I second replacing the BBL.... especially if one decides they want to work
up "norma 175gn spec" loads and not just ".40 lite" type stuff.

The interesting thing about Glock chambers is it appears that not all of them
munge brass to the same degree... its also possible the bulging varies depending
on the brass and the load, too. At a minimum though a good aftermarket
barrel will do wonders... KKM seems to make decent ones for the
money. Also gives you the capability to do lead/plated stuff if you really
want to. Jarvis Custom also makes nice Glock barrels as well, from what
I've heard. I've seen KKM ones firsthand though, and they seem pretty
nice.

-Mike

I've seen KKM ones firsthand though, and they seem pretty
nice.

-Mike

+1 on the KKM> I bought one for my G29 (based on a recommendation from here) and the brass stopped getting bulged out. It's very well made and it dropped right in. I have one on order for my G20.

Northeast Trading has Blazer 200gr at $20.95 ( somewhere close on the change - dollar is right ) and Remington 180gr at $23.95. I'm stocking brass now to start reloading for !0mm. I also have a Glock 29 and a Delta Elite and would like to see what the real stuff does in those 2 pistols.

Joe R.

When you guys talk about the Glock Bulge, are you referring to what appears to be bulging of the brass towards the back of the case near the rim, probably about 1/4 wide? I was wondering about this, because it is happening on my G20SF (brand new). My S&W 1911 Pro series 9mm does this too. This is factory ammo on both. Haven't started reloading, yet.

The Glock factory barrels do this, it's pretty common, although it manifests itself worse in .40 S+W and 10mm than the other calibers. If you have a good resizing die probably not a problem. If you want the brass to last longer, you'll probably want to get something like a KKM aftermarket barrel which will have better chamber support.

-Mike

Anyone happen to see any 10mm for sale recently?

I should also ask -- which DoubleTap 10mm would you guys recommend for a G29?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom