10mm and N320

i see a lot of VV loads for the centimeter with powders slower than N320. Like N340 and slower

Has anyone got info on N320 and especially 180 FMJ in 10 mm?

N320 is listed for 9 mm 40, 45. But I can’t find info for 10!

Tanks in advance

G

i see a lot of VV loads for the centimeter with powders slower than N320. Like N340 and slower

Has anyone got info on N320 and especially 180 FMJ in 10 mm?

N320 is listed for 9 mm 40, 45. But I can’t find info for 10!

Tanks in advance

G
I can't help ya sorry. Only use N320 for 9mm at the moment.

I take it you're not trying to make really hot 10mm loads? There's much better powders for that of course.

I will make hotter loads with a slower powder.

I use n320 for my 9mm also. Looking at the other calibers that are listed for n320 I guess it would work in the 10mm somewhat. More like a target load maybe.
It would save me changing out the measure.
Although I am curious as to why there is a lack of data for N330 in the 10!

Generally, if a powder has no load data for a specific bullet weight/caliber combo, it isn't meant to be used in it.
All legitimate loads aren't published in every load manual, but it becomes apparent that some powders are suitable with light bullets, but not suitable for heavy bullets and vice versa. For example, IMR 4198 is used in .308 Winchester with 110g bullets, but IMR 4198 data isn't available for anything heavier. Likewise, Lil' Gun in .357 Magnum is listed only with bullet weights of 158g or more.
Search several manuals, but if nothing is found, I'd stick with published data with other powders.
Don't let the desire to not purchase another powder type to get you mixing up your own loads.

N320 is going to be too fast for 10mm, IMHO. I doubt it will be able to make the velocities you really would want to get out of 10mm, before it hit the pressure
limit.

-Mike

I will make hotter loads with a slower powder.

I use n320 for my 9mm also. Looking at the other calibers that are listed for n320 I guess it would work in the 10mm somewhat. More like a target load maybe.
It would save me changing out the measure.
Although I am curious as to why there is a lack of data for N330 in the 10!
Yeah it’s nice to use one powder for many calibers and bullet weights but sometimes you got to use a few different powders.

What press do you have? I have the Hornady LNL and have a separate powder measure metering insert that I use for a few different loads. That way I don’t have to adjust every time. The inserts are real cheap so it’s not much of an added expense. Like $15ish if I recall.

Yeah it’s nice to use one powder for many calibers and bullet weights but sometimes you got to use a few different powders.

What press do you have? I have the Hornady LNL and have a separate powder measure metering insert that I use for a few different loads. That way I don’t have to adjust every time. The inserts are real cheap so it’s not much of an added expense. Like $15ish if I recall.

I have an auto. 2000Pro . with the micrometer adjustable powder measure.

It shouldnt be hard to go back to a previous load.....if you keep notes.

I kinda like the idea of interchangeable fixed measures, once you know which one that you want it must be easy to go back and bullet proof!

i did find one load on a site with loads of other powders
N320 5.7 1035fps 1.260 oal, 200gn speer, 5" barrel.... 37000psi . note said " DANGEROUS DO NOT USE"

they only listed max loads or ones just over max.

this took a lot of finding!!

Back
Top Bottom