11 year old son shoots dad, an Indiana state trooper, over video games

Glockster30

NES Member
The kid wanted to shoot his dad in the head with his dad's .45 service gun, over video games and other electronics but shot him in the ass instead. The kid also tested his dad's taser on the family dog before shooting his father.

Boy, does this kid have some problems or what? [sad]

The 11-year-old boy charged with shooting his father, an Indiana state trooper, used his dad’s service weapon and was upset because his parents had confiscated his video games, records show.

Granger boy reportedly shot dad, a state trooper, with service weapon over video games

I would disagree, but there is a possibility that it's the father's fault for raising him to be the child he is.

I'm going to disagree with your, uh, disagreeing. Remember the Pawtucket "stripper" thread? NES demands prosecutions for improper storage in states without such laws.

I'm going to refrain from commenting on who's responsible, but I will say, kids learn the principles of right and wrong and their values in life from their parents.

Boston cop had his Glock stolen by strippers in RI

How about he's charged with improper storage at the minimum??

Do they have improper storage in R.I ?

MA can’t charge him with anything.

You're right. I forgot about the law that allows cops to leave their service weapons in areas where they are accessible by criminals.

it's part of the nanny mentality (it's not his fault) without regard for individual responsibility (actions have consequences) coupled with all of the busy bodies that we have allowed to hijack society (someone on a cell phone to the nannies when a kid gets spanked).

According to another NES thread, it’s the father’s fault for leaving his firearm unsecured in his vehicle.
9ec35df69f56baf3f1407dbc3b6798fa--sopranos-quotes-the-sopranos.jpg

Very true. Sadly, I see this type of unchecked behavior with kids all the time these days.

There's also the other possibility that his kid is just plain f***ed in the head.... 30 years ago these kids went straight into the looney bin, and generally were not a problem in this regard. Nowadays they just keep flinging pills at the parents and tell them to make sure the kid takes them on a regular basis and that magically everything will be great... [rolleyes]

-Mike

the cop was leaving his carry in the car to prevent this? i blame him for seeing it coming and not buying a cheap safe. what good is your sidearm in the car???

the cop was leaving his carry in the car to prevent this? i blame him for seeing it coming and not buying a cheap safe. what good is your sidearm in the car???

Probably gun as appliance type, and this even feeds into the "mental health problems" theory I just posted.

The boy later told police he wanted a Play Station, an Xbox and a computer, and that he was “going to get these simple things, or there would be a Part 2,” court documents say.

The boy also said he tested the taser out on the family’s dog prior to the shooting, according to the documents. The boy told police he intended to shoot his father in the head but couldn’t do so because of the way his dad was lying in bed.

Court documents say the boy has a history of behavior problems at school. His parents had recently taken his video games and removed them from the home.

This is unlikely to be some kid that "didn't get enough spankings", he's a f***ing psycopath. Tasing the family dog? Srsly? That kids out of his skull.

In college my son and his friends tased one another multiple times as a right of passage and they turned out alright! I don't think anyone got shot but they were in a state with very reasonable gun laws and most of them had legally owned firearms in their off campus apartment. A couple did get regrettable tattoos however and some of the hangovers were legendary in the frat house...

:)

The kid wanted to shoot his dad in the head with his dad's .45 service gun, over video games and other electronics but shot him in the ass instead. The kid also tested his dad's taser on the family dog before shooting his father.

Boy, does this kid have some problems or what? [sad]

Granger boy reportedly shot dad, a state trooper, with service weapon over video games

Well, he's certainly had his pride removed. And I imagine family harmony is at historic lows, along with any regrets he has about his son.

He has and will suffer plenty...

What about red flag laws? SHouldn't the cop have his guns and sharp objects taken away?

Well, he's certainly had his pride removed. And I imagine family harmony is at historic lows, along with any regrets he has about his son.

He has and will suffer plenty...

IMHO given stuff like this it is pretty clear to me that there are mental health gaps in this country. There are people with kids who are dangerous to themselves and others and the system does nothing, or it either glad-hands the parents by throwing pills at them or other weak assistance.

A sad day will come where some guy is going to be on the witness stand telling about how he had to shoot his own kid to protect the rest of the family from the child, because the system had failed them....

I mean we already saw it with the sandy hook BS. I mean in some cases the parents are just stupid, but my gut tells me that its way beyond that. There is some kind of systemic failure here, there has to be.

-Mike

There's no salvaging that one .
Oh a bright note though, thanks to the new juvenile sentencing laws he'll be back out the street someday to carry on.

I wonder what kind of video games this kid was playing that he put such a low value on human life!?!

Back
Top Bottom