• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

12/19/17 MA Legistraitors Hearing on S.2063

Jesus don't these anti gunners have anything else to do? I'm embarrassed to say that I grew up in Newton, I would never move back to that liberal cesspool,
it's moonbat central

What the hell is wrong with her? How will stopping private transfers in this state prevent criminals from being armed when you need a license to do a transfer?

I too approve of the bill that will empower more gun owners to buy their rifles out of state to avoid hassle and subsequently file EFA-10 paperwork on their own accord in 10 days.

What could possibly backfire?

So the penalty for more than 1 sale/purchase a month are $5,000/$1,000 or 30/6 months in prison. What's the penalty for doing this illegally without any paper trail?

I too approve of the bill that will empower more gun owners to buy their rifles out of state to avoid hassle and subsequently file EFA-10 paperwork on their own accord in 10 days.

Well, if it hurts in-state gun shop sales and drives a couple more out of business, that's a win for the moonbats. They'll make up the sales tax loss by taxing us on something else.

So the penalty for more than 1 sale/purchase a month are $5,000/$1,000 or 30/6 months in prison. What's the penalty for doing this illegally without any paper trail?
There is no penalty for criminals. They are free to do as they choose. The courts did rule in Haynes vs US https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haynes_v._United_States that criminals don't have to register their guns so I'm sure they don't have to follow any other laws either.

Last edited:
This woman's name is on damn near every anti-gun bill I see. Will this garbage pass?

Not sure, and to be honest I was hoping someone more skilled at interpretation of legislation would weigh in and confirm exactly what this bill does and does not do. I read through it a few times and it seems for the most part to be OGAM for all but FUDD long guns, but the effect it might have on "private" sales, such as they are in the PRMA is unclear to me.

It's chances of passing are similarly unclear to me. Of course as someone mentioned earlier, its no accident that these bills are being brought up 5 days before Christmas.

Not sure, and to be honest I was hoping someone more skilled at interpretation of legislation would weigh in and confirm exactly what this bill does and does not do. I read through it a few times and it seems for the most part to be OGAM for all but FUDD long guns, but the effect it might have on "private" sales, such as they are in the PRMA is unclear to me.

It's chances of passing are similarly unclear to me. Of course as someone mentioned earlier, its no accident that these bills are being brought up 5 days before Christmas.
It is one of the sections. The requirement to FA10 is struck out and in its place is the requirement to go through an FFL. No exceptions for fudd guns

It is one of the sections. The requirement to FA10 is struck out and in its place is the requirement to go through an FFL. No exceptions for fudd guns

This bill does what the Gun Parlor could not. It compels every FFL to give the AG and essentially any other “investigatory” group access to their 4473s. Trust me, this is one shitshow bill.

On top of: 1 gun purchase a month, transfer for every gun is charged $10 to the FFL from a face to face transfer, it looks like pre bans could be assessed a transfer fee as well, and more stuff I’m sure the legal eagles will find.

This would really suck for those of us who have offlist guns that we may want to sell down the road....

This is a backdoor way of banning off list guns and nullifying C&R licenses until 2021. No more private sales from LEOs, people moved in from out of state, and dual residents.

This reeks of "no one will take the time to come in for a hearing on the 19th of December, we can railroad this thing through". Jerks.

Why can’t we do this? I’d show up on the 20th for a surprise, last minute hearing to railroad through AWB repeal + constitutional carry.

Is this addressed in the bill?
What about those of us who have evil Glocks and other off list firearms?
Will this bill outlaw Glocks, etc...?

I haven't read it but:

- If all xfrs must go thru FFLs,
- But FFLs are prohibited from transferring off-list handguns, AKs, ARs, etc.
- Then ergo, no transfers of these guns within MA would be legal for the FFL to do.
- Since you could sell them outside MA for short money, no "taking" is occurring and the courts will find this perfectly acceptable (i.e. CA, CT, NY).

Now normally both Creem and Linsky bills are DOA, but these days that is no longer the case and all bets are off wrt where this bill ends up.

These clowns should be forced to earn the per diem allowance they are stealing by holding public hearings during evening sessions and on Saturdays when the working people they effect can easily attend.
But hey let’s not complicate things with notions of honest representation.

One thing about this bill in contrast to other oppressive bills, like magazine limits, this one is more likely to piss off some Fudds.

P.S. > Bump now, bump often, but do not sticky, that is banishment to the cornfield.

So if this passes what's the point of gun laws? The AG will just threaten FFL's for every new "gun law".

Isn't that a federal offense? You can't just walk into an NH gunstore, flash a mass ID, pass nics, and drive back to MA with a trunk load of noveskes, aeros, BCMs and ddm4s afaik. (Full disclosure: I've never tried, and I'm going off some "I think I read once" bs)
If I were going to be breaking a law I'd much rather go up against Maura than the feds.

Isn't that a federal offense? You can't just walk into an NH gunstore, flash a mass ID, pass nics, and drive back to MA with a trunk load of noveskes, aeros, BCMs and ddm4s afaik. (Full disclosure: I've never tried, and I'm going off some "I think I read once" bs)
If I were going to be breaking a law I'd much rather go up against Maura than the feds.
Half correct, You can't do this with hand guns but perfectly legal for long guns.

Back
Top Bottom