• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

16 gauge shotgun target loads?

Anyone know where I can buy a case of 16 ga target loads, 2 3/4". Need to by some for a xmas present.

I've bought them at Dick's in West Springfield. They don't advertise them, but he went in the backroom and got them. Don't know where you live, but you may have to order them from a smaller shop. Or if you have a friend in a nearby state, mail order them. Nobody will ship into MA.

Thanks, I tried saugus and danvers only, and they only had 20 and 12. I will look at some of the other dicks and local shops. Springfield is a little far...for a Christmas present for somebody else that is.

[laugh2] i've had good luck at the dicks in dedham with 16g target...i've purchased 2 cases there before (last case was purchased 2 months ago). massmark could probably verify this but the guy that helped me out said if they sell it regularly they'll receive it regularly, and like Woodstock said they usually keep them in the back although last time i was there they had 2 boxes on the shelf and a case in the back

Spanz - when you go to Dicks, don't ask for target loads - ask for Remington Game Loads - 7.5 shot size, should be about $6/box

Danvers would have them before Saugus ever would.

I may have a case unopened too - PM if interested.

I have a case of game loads already in storage. I need the target loads 'cause I am giving a 16 guage remington 870 to a girl for a xmas present, and want to start her off with the lighter loads. Don't want to scare her off with too much recoil.

OK - if lighter loads are the goal then you might try searching for RST shells in the 2 1/2" flavor - they're for older guns and loaded accordingly

I don't know of any stores in New England that will stock target loads or RST's

Another great source for 16 ga stuff is 16ga.com - the forums there are full of info.

good luck in your search
Sprocket

If I make it to the Dick's in Dedham this weekend I will take a look for ya, I have seen it there before. My 16g is more of a safe queen these days. She is soo purdy.

7 1/2 or 8 Game Loads and 7 1/2 or 8 Gun Club are exactly the same thing. I'm not sure if there's a difference in the wad used, but side by side and stats-wise, they are identical. Same dram, fps - everything.

You cans special order ammunition at DSG as well - a little known feature. You must prepay for the entire case. However, stock replenishment has changed and the 'one-out-one-in" does not happen anymore. Go to the Lodge and ask to see their special order book. In the back past optics, there should be a Remington Special order page...Honestly, I have not looked in it this year and can;t tell you if 16ga Gun Club is in there. Going to get my check today, so I'll try and remember to look...

Well, in that case, I will just give here the case of game loads and be done with it! I did order a recoil pad to put on it, so she should be ok.

Anyone know where I can buy a case of 16 ga target loads, 2 3/4". Need to by some for a xmas present.
I am in AZ for the winter. Otherwise I have a case of Winchester WAA type reloadable cased 1 oz #8 16 ga factory ammo.

Back
Top Bottom