1905 report advocating gun control in Mass.

I like the part about "hold-ups on the cars (trams?) or the highways, where weapons are displayed." Interesting historical factoid.

Gee! Once again, The words of a Yankee, Bigot, WASP pushing for the controlling of the "foreigners". This is exactly what happen here in New Hampshire that created the "Revolver and Pistol License" which was done at the behest of the mill owners.

Connecting gun control laws with their roots in racism, is something that should be mentioned more often. Imagine a challenge to MA's suitability that it was founded on, and is fundamentally, racist and therefore unconstitutional. The MA courts would be faced with a no win situation and in today's climate would likely put an end to suitability.

I can only assume that all the old white MA chiefs who have the last call on discretionary licensing are wildly racist (because they’re white). Time to toss the whole system.

One person who decides if you get to exercise a right is unconstitutional. RIGHTS do not need a reason or forms to be filled out.
The entire system is corrupt and unconstitutional. These laws are all based on personal feelings of law makers who do not hold the oath of office.

Connecting gun control laws with their roots in racism, is something that should be mentioned more often. Imagine a challenge to MA's suitability that it was founded on, and is fundamentally, racist and therefore unconstitutional. The MA courts would be faced with a no win situation and in today's climate would likely put an end to suitability.
I wish you were right. Unfortunately, it seems to me that there are hierarchies....guns are more evil than everything.[rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom