• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

1911 Grips

I need to change the grips on my CCW officer sized 1911, the factory grip is chafing my back fat. Can anyone point me in the direction of a local gun shop that has a decent inventory? I'd like to check them out and try and find a happy medium between grippyness and comfort. Im on the northshore, but I travel all over for work.

I haven't been in there in quite a while, but I remember first defence in Uxbridge having a good stock of 1911 parts and grips

Thanks for the suggestion! I stopped by there today, as it wasn't too far out of my way...... and there was a sign on the door that they were closed today, and possibly tomorrow. Oh well

While I have no way of knowing what signage on the door is, they are always closed weekdays during the day. Per the website, their usual hours are 5:00-8:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. Saturday.

I was looking for a similar grips for a Colt Defender a few months back. I couldn't find a LGS in the area that carried a varied stock, so I went and purchased online. It sounds like the grips you have are the ones that I bought. I purchased a very aggressive set of VZ Grips and they started to rip up my back when I carried IWB even when wearing a tshirt in between the gun and my back. I returned them and swapped to a set of Elite Tactical Carry grips, which have been much more comfortable to carry with.

I was looking for a similar grips for a Colt Defender a few months back. I couldn't find a LGS in the area that carried a varied stock, so I went and purchased online. It sounds like the grips you have are the ones that I bought. I purchased a very aggressive set of VZ Grips and they started to rip up my back when I carried IWB even when wearing a tshirt in between the gun and my back. I returned them and swapped to a set of Elite Tactical Carry grips, which have been much more comfortable to carry with.

I have a S&W Pro Series 3" with the rough synthetic grips. They havent ripped up my back, but I can definitely feel some chafing even with a shirt between it and myself. I'll have to take a look at the Elite Tactical grips, thanks!

Just received a set of grips from Stoner CNC and am very pleased with them. $50 shipped, they have a lot of options, and will custom cut them for you. www.stonercnc.com

Attachments

• IMG_0265.jpg
    IMG_0265.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 31
Lasergrips on my carry 1911.

+1. Had always been a little sceptical , but put a set of Crimson Trace on my carry 3" S&W 1911. A few sessions in the indoor range lo and no light and a few bright daylight runs on the plate rack made me a true believer. Pretty pricey, but highly recommend.

Back
Top Bottom