• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

1911 holster recommendations

Recently purchased a Springfield Armory 1911 mil spec and am looking for a comfortable IWB holster. Anyone have any suggestions ?

Crossbreed supertuck is the best. Have 5 holsters from them. You don't need horse hide. And I recommend skipping combat cut. It's uncomfortable. Buy a nice gun belt too. Add 2" to waist band!

Crossbreedholsters.com

I've had good luck with High Noon; I have their Down Under with Straps. Blade-tech also produces a comfortable IWB, though their customer service is lacking. I'm not a fan of huge honkin' holsters like what Crossbreed and Comp-tac make for IWB, but it all depends on what works for you and your body type.

Milt Sparks VM-2. It's expensive and you'll wait to get it. But it's niiiiice. Crossbreed if you're thrifty and impatient.

-JR

Alessi MOB. Worth every penny and the wait. Comfortable with instant lumbar support. I wear one for hours with no problems. Excellent for concealing big guns no matter how big or small you are.

Yes. I was amazed I was getting rubbed through a t shirt. I was looking at the vz carry grips but they still look like they would do the same thing. Does any one have any recommendations on grips of other carry options for a full size? Besides moving to an OC state.

I've never had that problem. You are experiencing that with standard double-diamond wood grips? You could try some hogue rubber grips. Send me a pm tonight and I will dig through my gun junk draw and see if I have anything you could try.

Back
Top Bottom