• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

1930's Home Made Handgun - Never underestimate bored people from the olden days......

Rockrivr1

NES Member
When I started getting into guns as a kid my dad told me a story about how his father wanted a handgun in the 30s so he made one with a couple of his older brothers out of a Crack-Shot 26. I thought it was a cool story, but I figured that gun was long gone. Well, we've been cleaning out my parents house that is closing on Monday and what did I find in my dad's things? Yep, you guessed it. That home made handgun from the 30s. It has a home made handle, smooth bore barrel and a lever action to load it. Best I can figure is it's 22 short. At least that is what I found with the gun. Doubt it's very accurate with smooth bore, but sure it was for something more up close and personal. Pretty cool and I'm sure super illegal nowadays.

IMG_2683.jpg IMG_2684.jpg IMG_2685.jpg
PS - I'm not going to jail as I've already dismantled it. [wink]

Not enough, you still have all the parts.
You need to delete this thread.
Get a lawyer.
Never speak of this again.
Leave the country for at least 2 years.

You can never be safe enough.

#NESstrong
He’s right!
Upper deck it!
Throw it on the roof!
Bang someone else’s wife!

When I started getting into guns as a kid my dad told me a story about how his father wanted a handgun in the 30s so he made one with a couple of his older brothers out of a Crack-Shot 26. I thought it was a cool story, but I figured that gun was long gone. Well, we've been cleaning out my parents house that is closing on Monday and what did I find in my dad's things? Yep, you guessed it. That home made handgun from the 30s. It has a home made handle, smooth bore barrel and a lever action to load it. Best I can figure is it's 22 short. At least that is what I found with the gun. Doubt it's very accurate with smooth bore, but sure it was for something more up close and personal. Pretty cool and I'm sure super illegal nowadays.

View attachment 618046View attachment 618045View attachment 618047
i regret dearly that is got stolen and lost/sold by some relatives, something like that was in family for long time since 1918s or what not.
but on our version barrel was even shorter.

1653062148275.png

Way cool. I would just keep it intact and SHTFU.
Maybe have it engraved with Dads name and date as best you can recall.
Or stamped for period look.
Or donate it to a legit collector/ museum so it doesn't get lost in time again.

As far as I can see it qualifies as a C&R:
  1. Firearms which were manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas of such firearms;
  2. Firearms which are certified by the curator of a municipal, state, or federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; and
  3. Any other firearms which derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or because of their association with some historical figure, period, or event.
Certainly manufactured over 50 years ago and I’d definitely call it novel, rare and bizarre.

View attachment 618046View attachment 618045View attachment 618047
My dads a old townie they would have considered that high end. Look up zip guns, total psychos.
2C67B3B8-63A4-4A16-829A-899CB5168374.jpeg A4B9E2A0-417B-4FCC-AE9E-04CED568A57A.jpeg 98D41042-9FE2-4B84-B747-9FCC2578E4C7.jpeg C5A981FE-D7C2-4A8D-84AE-47DF5DD690E5.jpeg

Not enough, you still have all the parts.
You need to delete this thread.
Get a lawyer.
Never speak of this again.
Leave the country for at least 2 years.

You can never be safe enough.

#NESstrong
FAIL!

you forgot sex transitioning...

National Firearms Act of 1934 classified smooth bore pistols as Any other weapon. Rate of tax 5$. I know this to be true because I have two smooth bore pistols that transferred to me on form fours from a class three dealer. Next time do a little research before you open your mouth

Wow! Welcome to the forum Richard. Or should I say Dick. Your call. Had already taken it apart when I posted as I’m not sure it’s safe as its probably been decades since it was last fired.

Oh, stop. Admit it: you kept it intact, mounted an Aimpoint on it, and you've been happily plinking with it all morning.

You can be honest here.

Some hoppes and a few patches and she’ll be fine.
6hen18.jpg

Back
Top Bottom