1938 Walther PP

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Bumped the .32 collection by one. This replaces a 1937 I used to have, and is a actually nicer finish. Late 1938, high polish, commercial proofed. Went to shoot it today, but somehow missed the April 9 order closing gun ranges....so the range was closed. [angry2]...and its an outdoor range.

The finger magazine is unmarked vintage post war...the flat magazine is an original banner. Holster is unmarked; may or may not be wartime.

t
IMG_0791.jpegIMG_0792.jpegIMG_0793.jpeg

Looking into getting a bullet trap so I can shoot in the basement until this COVID thing goes away...have to find out if it’s legal where I live.

Anyone have their own? Found one for $165

t

Now I am envious. I love the Colt, the Beretta, and the Savage. Must remember I am in the disposition phase not the acquisition stage. I still have this one and some revolvers to move.3313F550-D43F-46DC-BB3A-F933B7DE2915.jpeg

Last edited:
Looking into getting a bullet trap so I can shoot in the basement until this COVID thing goes away...have to find out if it’s legal where I live.

Anyone have their own? Found one for $165

t

I would imagine that if anyone complained, they could get you on discharging within X amount of feet from road/dwelling BS. Keep a ramset nearby and claim you were doing some woodworking!

Vintage photos from 2012...I had 7 back then as well...although not the same types. The new PP is definitely nicer than the first 1937, but that one was marked to the Nazi RVF, or Treasury Dept. None of the original 7 are still in my collection.

t
004.jpg007.jpg022.jpg

Very nice. Handsome Walther!

They closed Sippican huh? Bummer. I let my membership there expire months back. I would still be a member there though, if I hadn't been accepted to clubs closer to home.

Raining, but the range is OPEN. Function test; 2 mags carry ammo left, and 2 mags PPU ball right. Obviously better right once I got used to it. Absolutely perfect. Definitely a fingertip press on the trigger rather than a finger curl.
52F and ~35 feet

t
0C30AB6E-1911-4C40-B2D7-0EDB21CEDA8E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom