1939 Luger P08 and 1944 Walther P-38 Display

Hey Guys - I thought I'd share another project - this was my first firearm display for my prized (if only to me - they aren't particularly rare of valuable) Luger P08 and Walther P38. It started out as table top display and then the wife said I needed to put legs under it, and I'm glad she did.

I really love these guns - the engineering is just beautiful for both. I think the 1911 is a better design overall, but there's something that just screams WW2 when you hold these pistols (and I realize the Luger design has been around since 1908).

The display has pull out drawers which hold an original holster for each. I also chose to modify the Reichsadler, because as someone who collects WW2 stuff, you always have to be careful not to give off the idea that you are a nut with too many Swastikas in the man cave :)

Thanks for looking - would love to see your WW2 collections too.

Scott

Beautiful work, just beautiful. And it's fine to have the insignia. Despite what the ignorant masses scream, that is OBVIOUSLY a display case for spoils of war, not you going "Ooo, look, I are a Nazi"

To quote a Jewish FFL I once met (when I asked him how he could trade in Nazi guns), "Because dey're dead, and I've god deir guns!"

Dwarven1 - I'm with you! Unfortunately so few people are into history, I don't think they understand the hobby at all.

Yes, and because I say this now, I can never run for office.

That is a really beautiful display.

And I love the weapons.

What do you use to fill in the Serial Numbers ?

Well done

IMG_5128x_zpsinlchw7d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom