• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

1st time LTC

I think there might have been a touch of sarcasm in swatgig's reply. But you're right about fighting a restriction or denial would be a long drawn out PITA. I'm not sure what I'd do.

Good luck! [thumbsup]

from what i've read here on nes, they're gonna find it anyway when they do the background check. i'd just ask the lawyer if you should list it. other than that, i don't see why you need him to prepare the application for you at added expense, it's not a tax return and pretty basic if i remember as good as i think i do.

I would get a copy of the Docket Sheet for that offense (court clerk's office) and attach a copy of your copy to the application with a "yes" and explanation. Personally I don't see a need to hire a lawyer and you'll pay them to get the Docket Sheet if you don't do it yourself (cost $0.50-$1.00/page at the courthouse).

I *think* I may have had my license suspended back in the 80's, applied for LTC in 2008ish, LTC -A no problems.
HTH, YMMV

I *think* I may have had my license suspended back in the 80's, applied for LTC in 2008ish, LTC -A no problems.
HTH, YMMV
sounds like the op drove on a suspended license and got busted, is that what happened to you? just askin'.

So I actually went to the Court Clerk’s office - Natick District Court, and they said since I was summonsed for that offense and not arrested, and subsequently dismissed at the clerk’s hearing, there was no docket sheet created (apparently since no arraignment). Will a copy of the police report suffice?
That probably would be adequate. Full explanation should help a lot, suspension because of non-payment is a whole lot different than suspension due to some illegal actions (at least in the eyes of the police).

sounds like the op drove on a suspended license and got busted, is that what happened to you? just askin'.

Technically yes, but I believe the OP and I are in the same boat, sorta.
I was going to contest a speeding ticket, never made it to my court date, did not pay fine.
Went off to college and forgot all about it.
7 years later I was driving in my home town and got pulled over.
Found out only then I was driving on a suspended license for about 5 years. :eek: [laugh]

So I actually went to the Court Clerk’s office - Natick District Court, and they said since I was summonsed for that offense and not arrested, and subsequently dismissed at the clerk’s hearing, there was no docket sheet created (apparently since no arraignment). Will a copy of the police report suffice?

I think this is sort of what happened to me to. Being "connected", everything got dismissed.

That probably would be adequate. Full explanation should help a lot, suspension because of non-payment is a whole lot different than suspension due to some illegal actions (at least in the eyes of the police).

Agree, as this was my case.

I had the same offense, In 1998 I had previously owned firearms in another state. I had reached out to a lawyer but never heard back from them. I talked to the PD. Great guy! He had told me if I wasn't federally prohibited he didn't see any reason for them not to issue it.

Go talk to the Chief of police before you hand in any application.

Back
Top Bottom