• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2-12 Scopes

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 67409

I'm looking for a 2-12 scope for general deer hunting purposes in northern New England. Factors:

*Illuminated reticle is a must - I own a 1-6 with an illuminated reticle and like the feature
*Trying to keep the objective lens no larger than 50mm to keep weight down
*2x minimum magnification is ideal but not firm, same with 12x as a maximum - anything more than 3x in brush seems like overkill and 18x or the like magnification just seems not worth it around here
*I'd prefer a currently-made scope that could last a lifetime or two
*Reticle should be something more than a plain duplex but less than a Christmas Tree
*Waterproofing and resistance to fogging should go without saying
*30mm tube is ideal

Here's some ideas I have initially:

Meopta MeoStar R2 2-12x50 RD

Meopta Sports Optics - MeoStar R2 2-12x50 <span>RD</span>

Swarovski Z5(i) 2.4-12x50 BT

SWAROVSKI OPTIK - Z5(i) 2.4-12x50 Rifle Scope

Leupold VX-6HD 2-12x42

VX-6HD 2-12x42mm | Leupold

Burris Veracity 2-10x42

Veracity™ Riflescope 2-10x42mm | Burris Optics

Zeiss Conquest V6 2-12x50

ZEISS Conquest V6 2-12x50 | Perfect combination of precision and reliability

Last edited by a moderator:
You picked some decent options.
Have you thought about a Front Focal plane scope so you dont need to worry about reticle subtension with the different styles of reticles?
Its hard to beat a duplex or 30/30 reticle for hunting.

12x is a lot of top-end power for northern new england. How do you like the 1-6 you already have? If you like it, I'd buy another.

12x is a lot of top-end power for northern new england. How do you like the 1-6 you already have? If you like it, I'd buy another.

Yeah, I was thinking about this after I posted and I think a 1-6 would suffice. 50mm, never mind 56mm, is a big objective lens. Low light hunting isn't really a thing around here. A 1-6 would cover most situations and would be significantly lighter and shorter.

Back
Top Bottom