2 NH Constitutional Carry Bills, both have hearings in the next two weeks

There are 2 Constitutional Carry bills going forward in NH.
What a great state, we even have free market competition amongst the pro-gun bills!
2/24 HB330 10:00am
3/3 HB536 1:30pm

HB330 and HB536 will both be heard in the next two weeks.

As a sponsor of HB536, I will refrain from making comments, but I encourage you to take a look at both bills. One place to look for more info is here:
http://www.nhfc-ontarget.org/index.php?&p=2011Alerts/&fn=2011-02-20_c_carry_nes.html

This is the week to contact your state reps and senators to let them know that you want the best possible gun bills in NH. Hopefully some of the Karma from these bills will migrate south (gravity[grin]) and make some positive changes to MA laws.

If you have any comments, please feel free to contact me through a PM.

Regards,
Rep. Hoell
PS. HB536 was drafted with the strongest possible request, knowing that you cannot get more of the pie after the negotiations (committee hearings) have started. Leadership took a strong stand against this tactic. However, they are there in our state house at the request of the citizens. Please remind them why you want pro 2nd amendment supporters as state reps. Be kind when you call them.

Thanks and a Tip O'the Stetson™
yo.gif
for your efforts Rep. Hoell !

I'll be doing my part by making some calls this week.

Keep up the great work ! [thumbsup]

Hearings tomorrow:

There are 5 bills being heard tomorrow. Some of those bills are good bills to support, others need drafting help..
From the list below, HB334 is the biggest advance for the gun owners of the state.
-Design

Here is the GONH reveiw of the bills:

THIS IS A GONH MINUTE MAN ALERT

Thursday, 2-24-2011.

Bills in LOB 204 from 1:30-4:00 HB330 HB544 HB334

Please call your state representative and Republican leadership to:

House Bill 334 SUPPORT HB 334

This bill prevents bureaucrats in towns, counties and the state from blocking the legal carry of firearms on publicly owned property unless NH State Law specifically allows such rules. These same bureaucrats resent the loss of their arbitrary power and will testify against this bill. With no support, any building, park, parking lot or woods owned by government can be made off limits to lawful firearm carry by any official.

(will be heard at the Legislative Office Building, Room 304 at 3:15.)

House Bill 544 SUPPORT HB 544

This bill adds knives to the list of firearms, ammunition, and firearms-related items over which the state has authority

House Bill 330-FN CONDITIONAL SUPPORT IF COMPLETLY REWRITTEN HB 330 (As written, this bill does not accomplish the stated goal.)

I. Permits any person to carry a firearm, openly or concealed, loaded or unloaded, on or about their person or upon or in a vehicle, whether or not such person possesses a license, permit, or other authorization to carry a firearm.
II. Removes the requirement that nonresidents obtain a license to possess a firearm while in New Hampshire

HOUSE BILL 235 ITL HB 235

Though well intentioned this bill will limit our right to self defense and will set the standard to limit our rights in future.

Updated 02/22/2011

It really is great living in a free state. It is almost unbelievable that we share a border with Mass. While we are trying to decide WHICH "Constitutional Carry" bill to enact, the Mass legislature is busily attempting back-door gun bans (microstamping), and the AG is filling the air with more and more regs.

As a 25 year inmate of the PRofMA, I can understand how the currently depressed economy traps folks in their mortgages and makes it impossible to leave, and I feel for you. I am just grateful that I was able to make my move when I did.

To all my brothers and sisters in MA: if you get the chance to jump, don't think, DO IT. The air is cleaner, the people nicer and the sky a little bluer. Oh, and that gun you always wanted? Its on sale!

An FYI: I get "alert" emails from GONH. I received notification of HB330, HB544, HB235, and HB334 through this email "Minutman" service. It's loaded with info (some of it in Post #4) and contact advice to facilitate your support/input efforts.

You can register for their emails here:
http://lists.gonh.org/

And a big thank you to Rep. Hoell for your work supporting our Constitutional 2A rights.

Time to start mailing letters to state reps

If passing HB536 matters to you, please either email me with a letter that you would like hand delivered to the Criminal Justice committee, or email the criminal justice committee and CC my legislative email address. The hearing for this bill is Thursday 3/3 at 1:30pm. I need the emails by Tuesday night to have time to have them printed for the hearing.

Thanks in advance.

Rep. Hoell

[email protected]

[email protected]

Back
Top Bottom