• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

200 meter, 30 round rapid fire anyone?

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
Marine Officer CWO3 DeMille

dennis640.jpg

Tony/Derek/Brent,

I will if I'm told. Meeting is tonight (probably too short time-delta for any action) but I'll be at Town Meeting not at BR&P.

I'll try to remember to ask the CRO next time I see him (probably a couple of weeks).

I spoke with Joe before we left and gave him my account of the actions and he didn't seem too happy.

They take it very seriously. The BOD takes action (usually expulsion) and little to nothing is mentioned to the membership.

JonJ said:
TonyD said:
"Clown" is a good way of putting it. [wink]

That sucks.....

I need to bring my camera to the range for days like that. We all would have had a good laugh. Just for a visual imagine a guy dressed like Rambo, wearing nike sneakers, with the shooting skills of a 5 year old.

Not to mention full deuce gear and boonie hat. He took "High Speed" to a whole new level.

derek said:
JonJ said:
TonyD said:
"Clown" is a good way of putting it. [wink]

That sucks.....

I need to bring my camera to the range for days like that. We all would have had a good laugh. Just for a visual imagine a guy dressed like Rambo, wearing nike sneakers, with the shooting skills of a 5 year old.

Not to mention full deuce gear and boonie hat. He took "High Speed" to a whole new level.

There was short thread on the C&R-FFL list similar to what you describe. Guy all decked out in cammies with a scoped 10/22 trying to hit golfballs 25yds out with no success. Had his GF with him too. She wasn't impressed. He ended up blaming all his misses on the rifle. That was after another guy tried out his rifle and didn't have a problem. Must have been a sight in either incident!

The funny part was this guy was in full Gortex cammies and deuce gear. He even had a hachet hanging off his belt, but was wearing Nike's. He couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a shovel with his M4 clone doing full mag dumps.

ETA - There was probably some guy on arfcom bragging about his range session Saturday afternoon.

TonyD said:
The funny part was this guy was in full Gortex cammies and deuce gear. He even had a hachet hanging off his belt,

Get the F--- OUT!!!!!
And no one got pics of this guy? You all should be ashamed!

JonJ said:
TonyD said:
The funny part was this guy was in full Gortex cammies and deuce gear. He even had a hachet hanging off his belt,

Get the F--- OUT!!!!!
And no one got pics of this guy? You all should be ashamed!

I'm a little embarrased myself.

TonyD said:
ETA - There was probably some guy on arfcom bragging about his range session Saturday afternoon.

Don't know, I don't read GD on ARFCOM!

Too funny if he wasn't so damn destructive.

TonyD said:
Unfortunately, Len had already left with his camera phone.

You guys got to get SprintPCS next go-round. Almost all phones have cameras and unlimited I'net and pictures is included with almost every plan. I don't use it much, but it can sure come in handy for the unexpected.

LenS said:
TonyD said:

Don't know, I don't read GD on ARFCOM!

Too funny if he wasn't so damn destructive.

I've been to arfcom about three times since we started this forum and that was the reloading and comp shooting forums.

It wasn't as much destructive as it was unsafe and he didn't pick up his mess. The far lane, next to where Derek parked his car was littered with .223 brass. I wouldn't have minded so much if it would have been something decent I could have reloaded.

I've seen and met a few like him - although the last one was a female cop. She was at the range practicing for quals. She was shooting a .40 and her rounds where going everywhere but on the paper (which is unusual since women are generally better shots then men are - nothing personal guys :D ) Anywho - she had on her duty belt with ALL the bells and whistles and she was complaining about the gun. The nicest thing she said about it was that it sucked. I told her I was an instructor and would she like to me check the sights for her. She said yeah. (keep in mind her target was only out there about 15 or so feet). I put up a new target and sent it out to 21'. 5 rounds - 1 inch group - dead center. I handed the gun back after making it safe and offered to teach her some basic marksmanship skills. She's a cop - now THAT is scary.

Lynne said:
derek said:
Lynne said:
(which is unusual since women are generally better shots then men are - nothing personal guys :D )

It's on now Lynne!!!!! [twisted]

It will be my pleasure, dear heart. [wink]

I think we may be shooting for drinks at some point this summer. [wink]

derek said:
Lynne said:
derek said:
Lynne said:
(which is unusual since women are generally better shots then men are - nothing personal guys :D )

It's on now Lynne!!!!! [twisted]

It will be my pleasure, dear heart. [wink]

I think we may be shooting for drinks at some point this summer. [wink]

Hmmm....since I don't drink (see, you didn't think I had any flaws, did you? [lol] ), then we'll have to find a place that serves peanuts or popcorn or something to go with my iced tea. Other wise you'll get out of it cheap. :D

Back
Top Bottom