• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

200 meter, 30 round rapid fire anyone?

Glad to see you woke up Brent! [roll]

I wasn't at the Members meeting on Monday, as I had to attend Town Meeting. Thus no info.

This Sunday is a busy day (Aunt's 80th B'day party), so it's unlikely that I'll get to the club. Might be a few weeks before I learn anything.

Postscript to Rambo Incident

Just got back from BR&P meeting and checking out my 1911 for this weekend's 3 day handgun training.

Postscript to the incident that Derek, Tony and Brent reported on Rambo-wannabee was reported at tonight's BR&P membership meeting (and a private discussion with Joe-CRO afterwords). Joe said that he'd drop you guys an Email tonight as I suggested that when a remember reports a serious breach of safety rules that the BOD get back to them with the resolution of the situation.

Eric (President) expressed his thanks to you guys for getting the info to ID this turkey and reporting it to the appropriate people at the club. Please accept my thanks as well, it's the responsibility of all members to ensure that nobody jeopardizes the club by stupid acts, by reporting them so that corrective action can be taken.

Rambo was summoned to the BOD meeting and was asked about what he did (read early part of this thread for history here). The BOD voted unanimously to eject this person from club membership.

Here's his story:
- He always shoots like this (spray and pray)!
- He's a member of the National Guard and explained that this sort of shooting may some day save his life. [No offense guys/gals, but I think we are in trouble if this is practice for war!]
- Bye-Bye Rambo!

"Someday it will save his life" First off you have to be in shape to make the 15+ mile hump to AO. I’ve never seen a pot bellied grunt before. Once there you have to be able to engage the targets with some sort of accuracy. Hitting the ground 20 meters in front of you while you’re engaging 50 meter targets is not combat effective. Who carries a hatchet in deuce gear anyways?

I'm glad that ASSHAT got the boot. He gives real soldiers a bad name.

Thanks for the report, Len. Wannabe is exactly the correct term. Dumping a 30 round magazine and missing your target (while it's not even shooting back) with every round will not save your life.

Back
Top Bottom