200 yard ranges in SE Mass or Northern RI?

Many people (including myself) were FROM Ames but quit there due to "management issues". NOT recommended. We still get refugees from Ames joining Mansfield F&G almost monthly and what they report indicates that nothing (good) has changed there.

Fair enough. I was a member at Ames for a few years (approx. 2010-2013). I personally never had any issues, but can’t speak to what has gone on in the past 8-9 years.

huh?

I'm looking to join a club that has a 200 yard range and I want to be able to bring a friend every once in a while.
bring them under club rules or join get on the committee or run for a position as guest qualification director and be ready to go to qualify members guests?

bring them under club rules or join get on the committee or run for a position as guest qualification director and be ready to go to qualify members guests?
It probably worth an explanation- most clubs allow members to bring guests or kids, but the long ranges - 200+yds - are for members only and require separate qualification to be completed- due to the size of calibers that are getting fired on those ranges. Most usually there are private properties within 1000yds from the firing line and it’s a huge liability for the club.

Back
Top Bottom