200 yard ranges in SE Mass or Northern RI?

Only 200-yard rifle range in northern RI is Wallum Lake Rod and Gun in Burrillville, where I used to be a member. There are a few 300-yard ranges in southern RI, such as Bradford Sportsmens' Club and South County Rod and Gun Club. Ashaway Sportsmans Club in Hopkinton has a 200-yard range. Wincheck Gun Club may have 200 or 300, but I've never been there and I can't say.

Finally, there's the Sporting Shoppe in Hopkinton, which has a private, members-only 150 yard indoor range. Its priced as expensively as one would imagine a 150-yard indoor range would be.

I just checked the Copicut website and you cannot join unless sponsored by a member. Since I know no members, would someone who is a member be willing to sponsor me? See my excellent 100% positive NES feedback and I am a member in good standing of Woodcock Rifle Range and the New Bedford Revolver & Rifle Club. If Woodcock is closing, I need to find some other place near New Bedford to be able to shoot my rifles. Please PM me if you could sponsor me. Thanks, Chris

When I lived in Mass Hopkinton had a couple of lanes on a 200 yard range. It’s was and probably still is a very good club with no retarded fudd rules. On a weekday I almost always had a private club.

Thats a little piece on Woodcock.

So Mitchell asked his team to think about the New Bedford Police Department’s Rifle Range in South Dartmouth on Woodcock Road.

The city has owned the land for decades, Mitchell guessed as far back as the end of World War II.

“Over the years, we’ve looked at the possibility of selling the rifle range to developers to generate revenue, but I think this is the better course,” Mitchell said.

It’s also good for South Dartmouth, Mitchell said, “150 acres of land will be preserved in perpetuity as a result of this and I’m sure the neighbors will be thrilled to hear about that.”

When I lived in Mass Hopkinton had a couple of lanes on a 200 yard range. It’s was and probably still is a very good club with no retarded fudd rules. On a weekday I almost always had a private club.
Do you remember which club it was? Hopkinton Sportsman’s seems to have some pretty restrictive rules. (No guests on the 200??? come on man!)

Do you remember which club it was? Hopkinton Sportsman’s seems to have some pretty restrictive rules. (No guests on the 200??? come on man!)
LOL, yes thats the club, this was 12 years ago maybe more. I'm not sure why that rule is in place but its a very small berm.

That’s because you have to qualify to shoot on the 200 yard range. It’s to protect the club as the town of Hopkinton is beyond the berm. Some non member yahoo lets one fly over the berm and there could go the club.

That’s because you have to qualify to shoot on the 200 yard range. It’s to protect the club as the town of Hopkinton is beyond the berm. Some non member yahoo lets one fly over the berm and there could go the club.
well they could qualify non-members instead of banning them from using the 200 yard range

Sippican Rod and Gun in Rochester has a 200 yard range but you need to qualify on it before they let you shoot. The last I knew they issues a special 200 yard ID pin aside from their regular ID card.

I just checked the Copicut website and you cannot join unless sponsored by a member. Since I know no members, would someone who is a member be willing to sponsor me? See my excellent 100% positive NES feedback and I am a member in good standing of Woodcock Rifle Range and the New Bedford Revolver & Rifle Club. If Woodcock is closing, I need to find some other place near New Bedford to be able to shoot my rifles. Please PM me if you could sponsor me. Thanks, Chris
PM sent

Sippican Rod and Gun in Rochester has a 200 yard range but you need to qualify on it before they let you shoot. The last I knew they issues a special 200 yard ID pin aside from their regular ID card.
Otherwise you’re on double secret probation...

I think it's also because there is only 1 Bay for the 200. So it's giving the opportunity to shoot to the members.

Ames Rifle and Pistol Club in Easton, MA has a 100 yard and a 300 yard range.

Many people (including myself) were FROM Ames but quit there due to "management issues". NOT recommended. We still get refugees from Ames joining Mansfield F&G almost monthly and what they report indicates that nothing (good) has changed there.

Many people (including myself) were FROM Ames but quit there due to "management issues". NOT recommended. We still get refugees from Ames joining Mansfield F&G almost monthly and what they report indicates that nothing (good) has changed there.
Is there a long waiting list to get into MFG? Do you need a sponsor?
I sold some fence to ScouterRick a while back. I didn't know him and he handed me a credit card with the 2a printed on it. I chuckled and asked him what his NES user name was. LOL, He reminded me that we had met once at Acme Armament.
Took 20% off and ran his card...

Is there a long waiting list to get into MFG? Do you need a sponsor?
I sold some fence to ScouterRick a while back. I didn't know him and he handed me a credit card with the 2a printed on it. I chuckled and asked him what his NES user name was. LOL, He reminded me that we had met once at Acme Armament.
Took 20% off and ran his card...
Rick is a good personal friend and president of Mansfield F&G. MF&G has no waiting lists, you apply and get voted in. We have a membership of a bit over 600 currently and a membership cap of 1000 in our bylaws. Since the new indoor range opened a few months ago we are getting 12-20 new members/month.

He's also an NRA Training Counselor (trains and certifies NRA Instructors) and a BSA Scout Master. The only two NRA TCs that I recommend to people are Jon Green (GOAL) and Rick Sitte and for good reason.

If you have a sponsor, you fill out the online form www.mansfieldfish.com and bring it to a members meeting or Email it to the purser (instructions are on the website). You can attend the meeting virtually online. It is the 1st Wednesday each month. If you don't have a sponsor you do the same thing twice, first at a BOD meeting (Wednesday March 31) at 7PM and the BOD becomes your sponsor. Then you do it again at the members meeting the next week to be voted in. I usually "attend" the virtual meetings for both BOD and members meetings.

Thank you Len. I was a member at Ames for a long time, and you warned me..
But I never had any issues and it's one of the best facilities around and was never crowded at off times. It was like having a private range most of the times I went.
And then they hired a RSO that just busted my balls over stupid shit one too many times. The first time, I showed up with my 17 year old son and he told me he had to have his own membership and we had to share a bench on the completely empty 100 yard range. I had been shooting with him there for 10 years and it was never a problem.
The second time he gave me a hard time because I returned an empty revolver, cylinder open, to it's case on the shelf. He told me that I wasn't supposed to handle a firearm behind the firing line. He said to bring the gun case to the bench. Which is fine, but he was an ass hole about it.
I am hyper vigilant about safety, especially when shooting with my son. I just never renewed.

Can you elaborate on “management issues”?

Can you elaborate on “management issues”?
I think that you'll find plenty of info on the issues in the specific club thread within this sub-forum.

Suffice it to say that they were "generous" with threatening lawyer letters (an officer was an attorney), throwing people out of the club and notifying issuing police chiefs (self-admitted to me by a prior club president).

Back
Top Bottom