2007 proposed MA gun laws

Every session Barrios, et. al., propose draconian laws, and Brewer and Peterson, et. al., propose sensible legislation. The vast majority of it never gets out of committee.

I'll get my panties in a wad when GOAL tells us which pieces of legislation are likely to be moving.

Did Sen. Cynthia Creem really introduce an explosives tagging bill. What a waste of paper!

I've never really understood what bills like this accomplish, more than adding additional cost to manufacturers. The same with all of the microstamping of bullets foolishness. What worthless, feel good, pieces of crap legislation.

Looks like she means to tag EVERYTHING that couls possibly combust. Fertilizers would seem to be covered. The language is so vaguely worded that flour and sugar (both will burn and go boom) should be tagged.

http://www.mass.gov/legis/bills/senate/185/st01/st01381.htm

Last edited:
There are some more descriptions on there. It is tough knowing what all this means, when it just says "replace abc with xyz" when it is totally out of context.

I wish the state would start obeying their own laws first:
CRIMES AGAINST PUBLIC PEACE

PART IV. CRIMES, PUNISHMENTS AND PROCEEDINGS IN CRIMINAL CASES

TITLE I. CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS

CHAPTER 269. CRIMES AGAINST PUBLIC PEACE

Chapter 269: Section 11. Printing statutes for posters; display

Section 11. The state secretary shall, annually, cause to be printed, in English and in such other languages as he may deem necessary, and in large letters so as to be easily read, for use as a poster, section one hundred and thirty-one of chapter one hundred and forty and sections ten, twelve B, and fourteen of this chapter. Sufficient copies of the said posters shall be sent to the clerks and to the superintendents of schools in all cities and towns for their use as herein provided. The city or town clerks shall cause posters received by them to be displayed in such places as they may select, and in such numbers, according to the population of the city or town, as its clerk may deem expedient. The superintendents of schools shall cause the posters received by them to be distributed among the schools within their jurisdiction, and in such numbers as they may deem necessary. The cost of preparing and printing the posters and of distributing them to the various cities and towns shall be paid by the commonwealth, and the cost of placing or affixing them in each city or town shall be paid by that city or town.

This poster hasn't been printed since 2004 as far as I can tell...

They have updated with more details and links.

Is it me, or do there seem to be a lot of laws about mace/pepper/chemical spray? Don't they all sort of seem alike or overlapping? Why not just wrap those all up into one law with more common language instead of one changing it this way, one changing it that? Or is this just because that is how they get submitted from different parties?

Is it me, or do there seem to be a lot of laws about mace/pepper/chemical spray? Don't they all sort of seem alike or overlapping? Why not just wrap those all up into one law with more common language instead of one changing it this way, one changing it that? Or is this just because that is how they get submitted from different parties?

They need to justify the pay they receive.

(and yes, that was being sarcastic[wink] )

This poster hasn't been printed since 2004 as far as I can tell...

Maybe someone should bring lawsuit to them, because it's obviously causing thousands of illegal guns to flow into the state without those posters!!!

Antigun measures urged in Legislature

Antigun measures urged in Legislature
The Legislature should establish penalties for not reporting lost or stolen weapons, start more courts that focus on gun crimes, and allow judges to take illegal gun possession into account when setting bail, according to a report released yesterday by leaders of the Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security. The report also suggests that state officials ban bulk firearm purchases in Massachusetts and negotiate agreements with surrounding states to better share gun registry and ballistics information.
http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2007/04/04/insurance_enrollment_tops_a_forecast/

Funny, they don't mention the PRO measures proposed in legislature. (Actually, not funny at all.)

Back
Top Bottom