• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2012 is it true?

Yes, it's absolutely true!!! The 100 year pre-anniversary!

AlbumCovers-Rush-2112%281976%29.jpg

I'm sure this has been mentioned plenty of times in this forum but regardless of whether its true or not I'd at least like to get a case of MRE's & tuck them away. Has there ever been any group buys in the past? Do you Guys buy them somewhere on your own? Something tells me Between Haiti, 2012 fear & all the other world crisis MRE's may be more expensive & harder to find in the near future.

mbz4ever said:
2012 is it true?
What you guy are thinking about 2012? anyone getting ready for it?

I'm not sure what I think about it. Should I believe the Mayan calender or Nostradamus? I find it difficult to think an ancient culture can make end of world predictions and pin it down to on or about December 21, 2012. I fear real world events unfolding right now more than 2012. Those I will prepare for. Y2K was alot of hype that never materialized but we did have supplies in case something did happen. We started awhile ago adding to our surplus food and water supplies. We've also gone over the what ifs and will continue until we've come up with our plan. It never hurts to be prepared for any type of disaster.

I'm sure this has been mentioned plenty of times in this forum but regardless of whether its true or not I'd at least like to get a case of MRE's & tuck them away. Has there ever been any group buys in the past? Do you Guys buy them somewhere on your own? Something tells me Between Haiti, 2012 fear & all the other world crisis MRE's may be more expensive & harder to find in the near future.

I think you may be right on with your assesment of price and availability. I'd love to find inexpensive MRE's.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm working on laying the foundation for a landslide conservative victory in all the elections, national, state and local.

Is the world going to end in 2012? No, I don't think so. Is it likely some nut cases are going to try and usher in the end of the world by doing some crazy sh*t? Yes, absolutely. My plans are to simply take a vacation and stay out of any major city around that time in the event some doomsday cult is intent on blowing something up.

Yes, the world actually is going to end in 2012! Being the nice guy I am, I'll pay you 1 cent on the dollar in gold for your guns. You can't take your guns to the next life, but you actually CAN take my extra-special Nostradamas gold.

apocalypse believers make me nuts

Is the world going to end in 2012? No, I don't think so.

The calender that ends on 3:14:07 on 1/19/38 is going to present more problems than the end of the Mayan calendar.

That's not an ending, but a new beginning. We get to go back to 1901 and MAYBE get this stuff right this time. It's sort of like being on the Island in LOST. (^_^)
Yup, a new beginning. More billable hours for *nix consultants and code monkeys!

Y2K never materialized because extraordinary steps were taking at all levels of business and government to ensure nothing happen.

I know a municiple TI director who kept several replaced machine up and running the night of Dec 31, 1999. They failed over night when their calenders rolled over and corrupted the contained data when their databases tried to up-date on start-up.

Because they contained historical data which was not ported over to the new machines, he restored them from back-up and reset their dates each year to prevent further issues. It wasn't until 2005 that he archived the data and finally retired those non-compliant machines.

Y2K also heavily contributed to the down-turn of the early 2000s. Many companies purchased 3-5 years worth of IT equipment during 1999. In 2000 and 2001, with the vast majority of their infrastructure recently replaced, IT sales fell significantly. This cycle would have corrected itself by now, but failure to allow the cycle to run its natural course have massively extended the impact of that event.

Regarding the end of the Calander in 2012, I believe it is much more likely that these anchient astrologers merely stopped writing rather than predicting some astrological event that would doom the Earth. They had to stop recording at some point, otherwise they'd still be writing.

It seems to me that the 2012 date is nothiing more than then end of that calendar. A new calendar would have been developed (had they been around to do it) to chart time from that point forward.

but, i'll probably have water, beans, and bandaids in case ppl start freaking out.

Y2K Hmmm... Can you say farse. No bigger scam has been perpetrated on the American people. A lot of people made lots of money on "Y2K proofing" computers. The computer companies convinced everyone to panic. For nothing.
2012- ready, set, lets board our homes, stock pile everything. If it is truly the "end of the world" then why would you need supplies? You'll be dead.
Don't worry about 2012- the government will nanny you to death long before the world ends.
Smile and vote all incumbents out-

Back
Top Bottom