2012 is it true?

Y2K actually had a certain logic behind it -- there was a heck of a lot of computer code that had to be fixed prior to Y2K. But 2012, the Mayan calendar, end of the world? Gimme a break.

Hokey religions and ancient calendars are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Last edited:
I'm sure this has been mentioned plenty of times in this forum but regardless of whether its true or not I'd at least like to get a case of MRE's & tuck them away. Has there ever been any group buys in the past? Do you Guys buy them somewhere on your own? Something tells me Between Haiti, 2012 fear & all the other world crisis MRE's may be more expensive & harder to find in the near future.

http://www.thereadystore.com/

Yes, it is true... There will be a 2012.

I can't get ready for it yet, I am still not done getting ready for 2011. (or 2010 for that matter.)

I'm not sure what I think about it. Should I believe the Mayan calender or Nostradamus? I find it difficult to think an ancient culture can make end of world predictions and pin it down to on or about December 21, 2012. I fear real world events unfolding right now more than 2012. Those I will prepare for. Y2K was alot of hype that never materialized but we did have supplies in case something did happen. We started awhile ago adding to our surplus food and water supplies. We've also gone over the what ifs and will continue until we've come up with our plan. It never hurts to be prepared for any type of disaster.

I think you may be right on with your assesment of price and availability. I'd love to find inexpensive MRE's.

Actually the Mayan's believed not so much that it would be the end of what we consider the "world" but would a change - the beginning of something we don't yet know. Look at their calendar - it's a circle - no end no beginning.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Mayans used astrology to map their calendar. There is a major astrological event happening roughly towards the end of 2012. Which may or may not upset the current axis path the earth has been following, while rotating around the sun. Do I think the world is going to explode? No, not so much. I believe the extent of what we are seeing now will be about the worst of it. Worldwide meteorological happenings. There will be more tsunamis, earthquakes and whatnot, all over the world. I am not saying all at once. They will just gradually happen as the earth possibly shifts a little and settles.

No reason to plan. If an asteroid hits the planet, we're gonners anyway. Booze and whore it up a couple days before and get a good seat for the end of the world.

Too many coincidences for me to believe 'nothing will happen':

1) Jupiter lost one of it's stripes while hidden from view behind the sun - unknown object causing a gravitational effect? I don't know but odd.
2) Lots of large quakes recently - unknown object causing a gravitational effect? I don't know but odd.
3) Very STUPID gov't decisions almost assuring the ones in power won't be for long - do they know that it just doesn't matter and the longer we (the peons) are pissed at them we won't notice the hammer until it falls? I don't know, but again odd.

The above are just my thoughts and the fact that SOMETHING is coming, it won't be good, and the more I prep, the better I feel.

TinFoilHatArea.jpg

It may be a Tin Foil hat Area, [laugh2] but at least I have enough Tin Foil to cover my entire house when tSHtF [rofl]

I'm not really sure why I would need to but it's nice to know I can if I want [laugh]

I will say all of the "nostradamus stuff" is pretty freaky and stuff if you learn more about it but, I think we're all good, I am not too worried about it. I am more worried about our stars and stripes being replaced with a hammer and sicke than I am of me not wakin' up in 2012...

i would be more concerned what happens to things going on in the middle east watch it more if history is ture!!!!!!!!!!

USMCS/S,

Much agreed. I'm much more worried about the man-made effects on the current social/political/economic and natural enviornments, than I am about the effect some extra-terrestial event may or may not have on the earth. The prior is likely to have more immediate affects on our situational condition, and we have more influence over. If a cosmic event is going to throw the earth off its orbit or extreme gravimetric forces are going to result in massive shifts in tital and volcanic events, there is little we can do to change it. On the other hand, we could have significant roles in man-made events.

All that being said, preparing for both would seem to follow a similar path, until either exits the realm of possible planning.

I tend not to worry about things I can neither control nor influence. An astronomical disaster is pretty much beyond our control or ability to influence, meaning if its going to happen - its going to happen.

The Mayans do not predict 'the end of the world.' If you really look at their history and their calendar you will note that they believe that 2012 will bring about great change. They believe that there will be an end of something significant and the beginning of something else - like a circle - no end and no beginning. More of a transition and transitions take time even though they may seem to happen rapidly.

Back
Top Bottom