• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2013 Cast Bullet Workshop Planning Thread

OK, March is here. We all know how many details there are for planning the Cast Bullets Workshop. It's time to start seriously planning this years event.

Let me first share some good news:
The doctors tell me that my chemo has been effectively working, and they have me scheduled for the stem cell transplant at Dana Farber Cancer Institute..... in May..... I go in May 11th, and should get out mid-part of the second week of June.

What that means is that I will be totally unavailable for the workshop when it happens in May, which is the ideal time to do it.

The formatting for the recent workshops has been highly successful, and I suggest that the format continues as-is.

The first order of business is to select and secure a LOCATION for the event. Somewhere centrally located would be best for ease of access.

Food/Eating is another planning factor.

Tons of details to work out. I am available for questions if there are any. The organizers of last years event seemed to have it fully under control.

I'm delighted that the small group of novice casters who met here in Maine a few years ago has turned into a wonderful free workshop, where so many can learn how to cast their own bullets.

Original Cast Bullets Workshop

PA102026.jpg

Let me first share some good news:
The doctors tell me that my chemo has been effectively working, and they have me scheduled for the stem cell transplant at Dana Farber Cancer Institute..... in May..... I go in May 11th, and should get out mid-part of the second week of June.

I hope all goes well, best wishes.

July was always tough because everyone is off on vacations etc.

While i will be around, you need to offer some dates to see when people are available. Makes no sense to do it if only five people attend.

We are in a time of reloading shortages. This should be the biggest workshop yet!

Last edited:
May seemed to be a month where the rains of early spring had slowed down a bit, and the folks with kids hadn't quite started soccer, etc.
June gets a bit busy, and July/August/September are almost impossible.

I did one workshop in October.

Hope to be on my way to Florida by October this year.

How's it looking?

Whoever is running this please let me know how I can help.

If food is needed please let me know. I work for a food distributor and can help out on that end.

I don't think anyone is running it. I don't have time to put it together. If someone wants to do it and needs a venue, PM me and I'll try to reserve the Shirley Rod and Gun Club.

JUne is 1/2 way GONE.

We usually did the Cast Bullet Workshop in May.

Is there any interest in having the workshop this year????

I am back from the hospital, having completed my stem cell transplant.

I am available to assist, but would want some sense of interest. I have some of my reloading class students asking about casting. I'd rather have them attend the NES workshop rather than scheduling my OWN workshop here in Maine.

I'm always game for this.
I can bring tools and supplies and help run a session for the day.

I just can oversee the while thing. For those that don't know it's a ton of work to organize one of these events. Especially if you want it to flow the way duke and bob have it

I attended last year and I had a great time and learned a lot. I have casted a little and I am looking forward to this years workshop. I have a lot to learn. Thanks for putting it on.

Do we have a place to host the event?
If so let's start a poll to pick a date and a rain date.

I can bring tools and run or help run a station. I don't have the knowledge bob, mark or duke do but I can fake it with the best of them.

Then we should get a group but together for a sailboat keel and we'll be all set.

I can probably get it hosted at my club (Shirley). We've done it there in the past.

I'm not going to run it though. I'll show up, hang out, and act as your gracious host, but I'm not interested in organizing/running it.

If someone wants to run with this, PM me and we'll pick some dates. We can run the available dates by members here, then I'll bring it up at the next meeting and see if I can get it approved.

Fading...............

OFF..............

Into..................

Nothingness.........................

Damn, this is not good. Nobody is willing to pick this up, and run with it?

Back
Top Bottom