2016 3 Gun/Multi Gun Schedule Please Contribute

It looks like 3 gun is taking off in New England in 2016. I encourage anyone that is new and wants toshoot three gun to volunteer at a local club that is trying to get it startedthat way you can learn about the COF and get tips on equipment, rules and otherthings. It takes a lot of work to put a match on and rules can be confusingbecause there are a number of different sets of rules.

This is a moving schedule so people look in one place forevents. I’ll edit this as new events are posted. I think the best way to dothis is if you are an organizer you should start a separate topic for yourevent when you announce it. That way it will not be buried in this string. Ialso added a couple of events in the mid- Atlantic that are popular with NE 3gunners. BTW Monson/Springfield MA is holding a free one day clinic on Sat May7. Most of these clubs have web sites so you can look up directions andcontacts, if you cannot find what you are looking for PM me or post a questionI’m sure someone will have the contact info.

New England Events

Pemi: Holderness NH May 22, June 26, July 30, Aug 21, Sept 25, Oct 29
Hale Mountain Shaftsbury VT: TBA
Maine Practical Shooters Augusta ME: September 26
Piney Woods Newton NH: April 24, June 26, August 28 and October 30 limited to 25 shooters, info [email protected]
Springfield Sportsman Club Monson MA: May 7 (clinic), June4, Aug 7, Oct 1
Lamoille R&G Morrisville VT May 29, July 31 and September 25 www.lvfgc.com
Wallum Lake RI: April 7 (3) and (2) gun open event see info below
Harvard MA (USPSA is the organizer): TBA
Grandby Bow and Gun Club Gandby MA: TBA

Regional Events

Issac Walton York PA June 11 and 12
Topton PA Armalite 3 Man 3 Gun July 16 and 17

See you out there.

Note this will be updated as events are posted or I receive information.

Last edited:
so I'm coming out of my cave and writing down matches for 2016, I've got lots of pistol matches on the calendar but I know I'll get bored with that. Is Wallum Lake RI having the 2 gun on March 27th? I'd like to see some more 3 gun matches in NE this year, anybody know about that new club in Newton NH? What about Harvard? Any other updates? I think I just saw my shadow I'm going back to reloading and the GD dry fire (is there anything that is more boring than that!)

Wallum Lake Rod and Gun in Burrillville RI will be hosting a 3 gun shoot on Saturday, April 2. Registration will be from 8:30 to 9 with shooting starting there after. This will be an open event. Run what's you brung. The fee will be $10 per person. There will be two 3 gun stages and there will be a pistol side match and a shotgun side match for a fee of $5 each for 3 runs. Round count for 3 gun only is as follows:
pistol 40
rifle 40
shotgun( birdshot only) 20
bring more ammo if you want to try out the side matches while you wait. For more info email tbtreeguy@ gmail.com or president@ wallumlakerodgun.com

... anybody know about that new club in Newton NH? ...
We're not new, just new to 3-Gun. Country Pond Fish & Game Club held its first 3-Gun match of the year on 24 April, hosting 30 shooters. The initial limit of 25 shooters was due to our inability to successfully coordinate multiple stages on our very limited shooting area, but wiser heads came up with a scheme to help out, and the participants got thru the match in record time, early enough that our next match on 26 June will have a 35 shooter limit. Details on matches at CPF&G Club, as well as matches at Sanford-Springvale F&G in North Berwick, ME, can be found at http://www.cpfgc.com/3gun.html

We're not new, just new to 3-Gun. Country Pond Fish & Game Club held its first 3-Gun match of the year on 24 April, hosting 30 shooters. The initial limit of 25 shooters was due to our inability to successfully coordinate multiple stages on our very limited shooting area, but wiser heads came up with a scheme to help out, and the participants got thru the match in record time, early enough that our next match on 26 June will have a 35 shooter limit. Details on matches at CPF&G Club, as well as matches at Sanford-Springvale F&G in North Berwick, ME, can be found at http://www.cpfgc.com/3gun.html

How do we sign up? You're only about 45 minutes from me.

Hale Mountain 3-Gun - 6/18/16

There will be a 3-Gun match at Hale Mountain Fish and Game Club [Shaftsbury, VT] on Saturday, June 18th. The schedule is as follows:

8:30 AM - Registration opens (please pre-register using link below)
9:00 AM - Safety Briefing
9:15 AM to 1:00 PM - Shooting

The COF will consist of 4 stages.

Ammo: Pistol - lead, jacketed, or plated
Shotgun – nothing bigger than #6
Rifle – no bi-metal, no SS109 (M855)
Round counts: Min ~130, Max ~200. Stages will include more shooting than last year. Bring extra.

The registration fee is $35. 50% of the registration fee will go towards the prize pool. Of that, 1st gets 50%, 2nd gets 30%, and 3rd gets 20%.

Registration is limited to 28 shooters so please use the online tool to pre-register. Squads will be limited to 7 shooters each, NO EXCEPTIONS. Registration provides for entering an email address. Cancelations due to weather will be sent to your registration address.

Registration is OPEN: Register

Location of Club

Take Buck Hill Road to Rod and Gun club Road. The sign for Rod and Gun Club Road has fallen down. If coming in from 7A, take Buck Hill Road 1.3 miles and the club road will be on your left. If coming in from 7 (East Road), take Buck Hill Road .6 miles and the club road will be on your right. There is a sign on the other side of the road for the Hale Mountain club, but it is hard to see.

Hale Mountain Fish and Game Club

Any word of the Monson 3 Gun match is happening?

It's been cancelled as the match director's days off changed. The matches are barely staffed and there doesn't seem to other club members to deal with some of the issues that should handled by a member of the club, i.e. funds is the main one.

Are you ready for some 3 gun!!

Please Join us for some 3 gun action at Capitol City Rifle and Pistol Club in Augusta, ME 9/24/16. Maine Practical Shooters will be hosting the match and as always it will fill up fast. Registration and squadding open today at 4pm. Please squad together if you will be sharing equipment or traveling together. I can make more accommodations earlier than later.

We are also looking for a minimum of 10 RO's to run the 5 squads. If you wish to give us a hand running the match your match fee will be comped, and you will receive our sincere appreciation. Please indicate that you are going to staff when you register online and select squad 6. I will hash out with the staff which squads they wish to be assigned to. You do not need to be a Certified RO, just be able to safely run a shooter, using proper range commands and keep the squad moving along and having fun!. All scoring for this match is "Time Plus"

I will also be sending out a flyer, in the coming days with basic rules and stage briefs.

Cost for the match will be $30. Please sign up and squad early if you plan to join us, our 3 gun matches have filled up fast in the past. Registration will close on 9/16, We will have a wait list of approximately 10 people that will be approved at that time on a first come first served to fill in any last minute cancellations. Online registration at

https://practiscore.com/maine-practical-shooters-3-gun-1/register

is required. Walk ons are strongly discouraged.

We will shoot this match rain or shine, so gear up and join us for a Wicked Good Match!!!

Any questions, comments, concerns. Please email Me at [email protected]

Thanks. Jamie Blow.

Last edited:
Piney is a nice guy and Newton is a very nice club with lots of friendly people. So a 3 gun match should be fun. I didn't even know they were hosting these types of events. I'll check the place out.

Frank

Back
Top Bottom