2016 NES Spring Trigger Break photo thread

Well we need a target large enough for NEShooters to be able to hit.....*rolls eyes*
My buddy just impulse bought an old 20' boat that needs WAY more work than he thought it did. I'm trying to convince him to donate it for the next shoot

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

My buddy just impulse bought an old 20' boat that needs WAY more work than he thought it did. I'm trying to convince him to donate it for the next shoot

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

We could re-enact Watertown... Who volunteers to cower inside and bet that NES shoots worse than the MSP?

We could re-enact Watertown... Who volunteers to cower inside and bet that NES shoots worse than the MSP?

Ill volunteer to fire hundreds of rounds and not kill the "suspect" if you volunteer to friendly fire me....
Ill use a dog/puppy as a human shield....er canine shield... although i believe no dogs where shot during that event only immigrant terrorist which are worse than animals.

My guest went green too. If NES ever needs funds they just need to kickstart one of these events and the $$$ will flow in.

Well worth the duckets. Thanks for the invitation. I think that is the most fun we have had shooting together. I was not sure what to expect and I'm still grinning since Saturday.

Great job planning the event NES. Did anyone find the missing handgun?

RE: M203 and Dragon's Breath

SNIP ...That projectile weighs 8 ounces with a zinc pusher that could easily travel who knows ...600 yards?
The van was too close for these rounds... ill get my act together and bring some more interesting rounds for it... you just cant rush 40mm reloading. Im proceeding cautiously.

40mm dragon's breath...DO IT!

Sure, do it, but not at MRGCI. The DB via 12GA at the Pumpkin Shoot if the conditions are right is chance enough.

RE: M203 and Dragon's Breath

Sure, do it, but not at MRGCI. The DB via 12GA at the Pumpkin Shoot if the conditions are right is chance enough.

Heh, I was mostly joking. I doubt dragon's breath in a 40mm round is really viable, or even safe to do.

It can be done, time and patience.

I agree. Other then the inherent fire hazard, its not even high on the scale of dangerious things to do.
Id give it a 1 or 2 out of 10. Bird bangers being a 7 or 8.. high explosive projectiles being a 10.

Ill probibly do DB and smoke grenades.. other than that buckshot and solid inert projectiles. I like my fingers, hands and life too much.

Last edited:
I agree. Other then the inherent fire hazard, its not even high on the scale of dangerious things to do.
Id give it a 1 or 2 out of 10. Bird bangers being a 7 or 8.. high explosive projectiles being a 10.

Ill probibly do DB and smoke grenades.. other than that buckshot and solid inert projectiles. I like my fingers, hands and life too much.

Yeah, anything with timing or a fuse of sorts involved increases variability and complexity and therefore danger. The high explosive risk just amplifies it all. The great advantage to the M203-style unit is the initial launch charge though. That makes playing at the other end of the projectile a reasonable task. The big-batch payload/risk versus reward is almost too enticing for an experimenter. Things can go terribly wrong when given that much volume to fill.

Here's some of the highlights of my day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laL41ZLKsmk

special thanks to Manadnock rod and gun club, staff, and r.s.o.'s for hosting this event.
also MGnoob and bawannabuck for letting me shoot your stuff.

Well, I do appreciate the compliments to the Club and RSOs, but I must ask, did you happen to peruse the OP of the shoot thread? I can see that you're new Green, so I will assume that you came as the guest of a Green Member. If not the thread, perhaps you caught the safety briefing before the shoot where I covered some basic rules about the NFA (machine gun) area, the non-NFA (includes suppressed and SBRs) muster point, and what constitutes a heat? I mention these things, because in the four-and-a-half minutes of video that I watched, you shot from the far left of the NFA (machine gun) area with all non-NFA firearms (they weren't even suppressed or SBRs) and I stopped watching to type this in-thread reply after I watched you run through three magazines in a semi-auto handgun during a single heat. I mention all of these things, because they were discussed in-the-briefing as things NOT TO DO, and if you missed the briefing, then the person who invited you should have informed you of the rules as you were breaking them.

1. Non-NFA firearms shooters queue at the muster point with every other non-NFA shooter. (special circumstances like one-eyed Jack sharing his non-MG arsenal excepted). You ran through a table full of "regular" firearms shooting all from the NFA area.

2. Rules state, one magazine/clip or cartridge per heat depending on the capacity of the firearm used.

3. All shooters remain on-the-line until the RSOs clear the line.

4. You were someone's guest ...who was your "chaperone"?

Last edited by a moderator:
My guest..kind of why he went green so i dont have to chaperone again.
1. I dont know why he was shooting on the left side.. so i take responsibility for that.
2/3.. from lunch on there where no heats...or lines.

Side note.. i see why the picnic table was on the firing line after this event.. i think it was better placed to the left of the canopy on the firing line rather than the right.. it seems like there was more room this time.

Ya, if breaking the rules wasnt bad enough posting a video of it is a definate fail.

Back
Top Bottom