• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2017 3 Gun

Haven't seen a central link for 2017 events yet but know Wallum Lake has 3G matches scheduled for 4/22, 7/16, & 10/15

Where in CT is 3 gun run?
Half a dozen clubs that I know of. It's usually like a once or twice a summer/fall thing, but spread that over 6 clubs and you've got a match a month.

I know Hamden Fish and Game has a match on May 6th and Sept 30, Harwinton has a match on May 7, Guilford Sportsman's Association has put one on the past couple years, I believe Metacon hosts some matches too.

Summers Sportsman's has a few matches scheduled.

Last edited:
It must be an interesting 3 gun event without using AR's or shotguns in excess of 5 round magazines. Is it politically correct to replace them with spitballs & slingshots? Perhaps just a competitive food fight with brie & croissants......Good lord I hate liberals!

So, what do you guys use for the shotgun and rifle parts of the stages?
I think serfs in CT who filed for papers (which you can no longer get) for their EBRs, high cap shotguns and high cap mags can still use them on ranges, but it's SOL in terms of getting new people into the sport or having a regional multi-state match in CT.

There are plenty of standard or "hi capacity" mags at the events. Same semi auto shotguns, Bennelli's, JM Pro's.

It does hurt the guys that didn't have the mags prior to the ban (like myself). Using 10rd mags vs 30 puts you at a slight disadvantage because of extra reloads.

Is it even practical for an out of state person to travel to CT for a 3 gun with their mag and AW ban?

Thought about bringing my AR22 (nordic components upper) to a steel plate match on Wednesday night in CT (down there for work during the week)....But it seems like I may be asking for trouble...

FWIW, I do have my CT nonresident license....

Last edited:
Yup, checked with them today. Probably 60yds max. Also their multi-gun shoots are for pcc but you can just use your shotty if you no have pcc.

Really? Rifle is PCC only? Would've been nice if they listed that information anywhere on their club calendar, or the 3 gun nation calendar event description. Even the round counts are listed 100 pistol, 100 rifle, 50 birdshot, when I guess it should read 200 pistol, 50 birdshot haha. Thanks for the heads up.

I emailed them this AM. Said PCC's are gtg. Only restriction on rifle is no steel core.

Really? Rifle is PCC only? Would've been nice if they listed that information anywhere on their club calendar, or the 3 gun nation calendar event description. Even the round counts are listed 100 pistol, 100 rifle, 50 birdshot, when I guess it should read 200 pistol, 50 birdshot haha. Thanks for the heads up.

This in not correct. All the standard sporting rifles in the usual calibers are welcome just leave the steel core ammo at home.

When does Wallum Lake's registration for the match on the 22 open?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sorry for the confusion. For their 3 gun shoots it is rifle, and for their multi gun shoots it is pcc or shotgun. Two different shoots.

Sorry for the confusion. For their 3 gun shoots it is rifle, and for their multi gun shoots it is pcc or shotgun. Two different shoots.
Gotcha. Thanks everybody for setting the record straight. Looking forward to meeting some of you all, perhaps

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

When does Wallum Lake's registration for the match on the 22 open?

Just show up at 0800 and register on site. 3 Gun matches are held up in the Walls of Steel pits so follow the driveway past the club house & skeet fields.
It's always a great time with fantastic people.

Back
Top Bottom