• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2017 3 Gun

From Wallum Lake site:

[h=2]3 Gun Event[/h]

Sunday, July 16, 2017, 10:00am - 05:00pm
by timothy burdick 267Hits : 106
We will be holding a 3 Gun event in the Pistol Pits, registration will begin at 9 am and we will begin shooting at 10am. there will be 4 stages and it will be run what you brung event. The fee will be $20 per person. Eye and ear preotection is required. Check the Wallsofsteel.com website for round count as the event gets closer.

http://www.wallumlakerodgun.com/index.php/calendar/icalrepeat.detail/2017/07/16/4198/-/3-gun-event

Granby Action Shooters will be hosting our first 3 Gun Match!!!
Rifle, pistol and shotgun.
Date, Saturday July 29th

Round count will be approximately 100 rounds of bird shot, rifle and pistol ammo as well as 10 slugs
Slings will not be required
Entry for this match will be $40.00 dollars

PRE REGISTRATION REQUIRED

http://granbybowandgun.club/product/july-29-3-gun-match/

Beginners welcome!

5 Stages
Setup 7-8:30 AM (extra help always appreciated)

Shooters Meeting 9:15
First Shots 9:30AM
Granby Bow and Gun Club
85 Chicopee Street
Granby MA 01033
Adults $40

Date, Saturday July 29th

Round count will be approximately 100 rounds of bird shot, rifle and pistol ammo as well as 10 slugs

Having more New England 3 Gun events is great but MA laws seem to be a problem for this sport. I run a 2011 & Benelli M2 with extension tube so neither is close to being MA compliant.

Can you tell us how the stages will be set to accommodate the magazine restrictions of 10 & 5?

Having more New England 3 Gun events is great but MA laws seem to be a problem for this sport. I run a 2011 & Benelli M2 with extension tube so neither is close to being MA compliant.

Can you tell us how the stages will be set to accommodate the magazine restrictions of 10 & 5?

Stage design has no relevance to the States mag restrictions.
Maybe you'd have to reload more often???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stage design has no relevance to the States mag restrictions.
Maybe you'd have to reload more often???

Yes, that is the point. Anyone with a 2011 who absolutely doesn't have to isn't sporting a 10 round magazine at $130-150 per. Also I have a 7 round extension tube on my shotgun. Take take that off and I get 3 rounds in the gun.

All I'm saying is that it's a great option for those in a restricted state but not being one of those afflicted, If I can't compete with what I think is a decent time because of multiple reloads I'll skip the ride and others may also.

I may be the only one posting this but probably not the only one thinking it.

Last edited:
Date, Saturday July 29th

Slings will not be required
Entry for this match will be $40.00 dollars

PRE REGISTRATION REQUIRED

http://granbybowandgun.club/product/july-29-3-gun-match/

Beginners welcome!

5 Stages
Setup 7-8:30 AM (extra help always appreciated)

Shooters Meeting 9:15
First Shots 9:30AM
Granby Bow and Gun Club
85 Chicopee Street
Granby MA 01033
Adults $40

What will be the max distance for the rifle stages?
Are 3 gun shooters exempt from qualifying for long distance shooting if the 1000yd is part of the course?
Thanks.

on the long range we will have shots at 177yds, 277yds, 367yds & 425yds
for this you will not need to be long range certified. (course of fire was provided and approved by Nick W.)

Yes, that is the point. Anyone with a 2011 who absolutely doesn't have to isn't sporting a 10 round magazine at $130-150 per. Also I have a 7 round extension tube on my shotgun. Take take that off and I get 3 rounds in the gun.

All I'm saying is that it's a great option for those in a restricted state but not being one of those afflicted, If I can't compete with what I think is a decent time because of multiple reloads I'll skip the ride and others may also.

I may be the only one posting this but probably not the only one thinking it.

I'm not sure what you mean by "restrictions"

I've looked at the MA AWB a few times and... unless I'm missing something (please enlighten me if I am)

if you have a normal 'non-folding/collapsing' stock, no pistol grip, no detachable magazine... then having ONLY (only 1 'evil' feature) fixed magazine that has more than 5 round capacity is not illegal

http://goal.org/masslawpages/awfacts.html

If I have misunderstood something, correct me, please

I've looked at the MA AWB a few times and... unless I'm missing something (please enlighten me if I am)

if you have a normal 'non-folding/collapsing' stock, no pistol grip, no detachable magazine... then having ONLY (only 1 'evil' feature) fixed magazine that has more than 5 round capacity is not illegal

Yes, your missing the obvious. Restrictions mean just that, less than normal.

For people who don't live in MA but some other surrounding states (RI,NH,ME,VT) the chances are extremely high that our guns are not close to meeting the AG's definition of lawful in MA.

Because 3 gun is all about speed competitors do everything possible to get their guns to shoot flat & smooth then jam as many rounds in each gun to limit time of reloads.

Sure we have 3 options here -

-Buy 10 round mags for our 2011 pistols, take off the collapsible stock and put a non compensated barrel on the AR then find some pre 1994 30 round mags, remove the 9 round extension tube from my shotgun and run 3 with the stock cap.

-Take the chance and adopt the don't ask, don't tell approach then hope nothing goes sideways.

-Just skip the event

Most 3 gunners are used to driving significant distances for event's and this one was s few hours from where I live. I was just not sure the it was worth picking either of the first two options here so I opted for going to another competition in PA on that weekend.

Either way, it's a great sport and the more events in every are welcome!

Yes, your missing the obvious. Restrictions mean just that, less than normal.

For people who don't live in MA but some other surrounding states (RI,NH,ME,VT) the chances are extremely high that our guns are not close to meeting the AG's definition of lawful in MA.

Because 3 gun is all about speed competitors do everything possible to get their guns to shoot flat & smooth then jam as many rounds in each gun to limit time of reloads.

Sure we have 3 options here -

-Buy 10 round mags for our 2011 pistols, take off the collapsible stock and put a non compensated barrel on the AR then find some pre 1994 30 round mags, remove the 9 round extension tube from my shotgun and run 3 with the stock cap.

-Take the chance and adopt the don't ask, don't tell approach then hope nothing goes sideways.

-Just skip the event

Most 3 gunners are used to driving significant distances for event's and this one was s few hours from where I live. I was just not sure the it was worth picking either of the first two options here so I opted for going to another competition in PA on that weekend.

Either way, it's a great sport and the more events in every are welcome!

But, speaking just to shotguns, one is allowed to use an extended tube magazine (more than 5 rounds) in accordance with the law(s) in MA

...Unless you're intent on having a pistol grip or a folding/collapsible stock.

Frankly, I don't see hardly any shotguns for competitions that aren't a factory stock

But, speaking just to shotguns, one is allowed to use an extended tube magazine (more than 5 rounds) in accordance with the law(s) in MA

...Unless you're intent on having a pistol grip or a folding/collapsible stock.

Frankly, I don't see hardly any shotguns for competitions that aren't a factory stock

MA law for shotgun & rifle is FID holders - capacity is limited to 5 or less, LTC holders - capacity is unlimited (unless restricted by the AWB). If your an out of state resident not in possession of a MA non resident LTC its 5.

I'm not an attorney but have had this confirmed and re-affirmed by a few attorneys that specialize in MA. firearm law

There's a 3-gun match every weekend this month.

Pemi next week.
SSFGA (Berwick, ME) the week after.
Dunbarton after that.
And both CPFG (Newton, NH) and Pemi the last weekend.

Had a good time at Pemi last weekend. Shot terribly, it rained on and off for the first half, but it was still a good time. Definite improvements I need to make. Could be worse since this is the first year I've ever done any sort of action shooting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a good time at Pemi last weekend. Shot terribly, it rained on and off for the first half, but it was still a good time. Definite improvements I need to make. Could be worse since this is the first year I've ever done any sort of action shooting.

the music makes it unwatchable.

E7B930CF-9531-49EE-81DB-5B10CA9BAD53.jpg
This was the original fb post with start time. Was planning on going but stuff went sideways.

The Aiming for Zero match at Dunbarton was this past weekend. It was a good time. Weather was maybe too hot. Lots of items raffled off. I think there was between 50 and 60 shooters for multigun and USPSA pistol each, so over 100.

My camera apparently didn't record one of the stages. Too bad, it was a neat stage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom