2017 Malibu Jack Points

DarthRevan

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Any mechanics on here know how to properly jack up this generation of Malibu? I want to rotate my tires and knew how to on my old 09 but now there doesn’t seem to be a good spot on this 17. I tried to use a wooden block on the pinch weld behind the front tires but that didn’t work as it bent the sheet metal some on the exterior side of the pinch weld more than I’d care to admit. Are the rubber pucks with the slots effective for not wrecking the welds? Can I put jack stands under the lift points without pads or will I have the same problem again?

Should I buy a second jack and lift the rear as well? Or is there a location that’s better where I can put my jack stands? There seem to be a lot of plastic covers under the car too and I don’t want to go busting them as I lift the car.

EDIT: Yes I’ve already checked the manual, no this trim doesn’t come with the scissor lift, and my jack doesn’t work with the pinch weld cut out for the jack. I’ve tried googling this and nothing comes up beyond just looking at the manual, which only refers to the scissor lift I don’t have.

Last edited:

grey

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I dont know your car specifically but on my wife's civic I just floor jack under the swing arm. Cinderblock/wood pad for a stand while rotating tires

Top Bottom