2018 fishing tread

Definitely was. It’s our first year really ice fishing and it was nice to have some success. Ice was 5-8” thick, though it was unnerving when we heard it shift and pop.
Shifting and popping noises are fine. If you hear sucking sounds it's time to go home.

Fish we're biting today. Fished from 9:30 to 2pm. Got about a dozen fish two of em were nice bass 3-4 pounders. Ice fishing season is on!

Great work out there on such a cold day.
We were definitely alone out there lol

Cold doesn't bother me too much as long as I have the pop up And the heater. I fished way up North a few times years ago at -16 degrees!

Last edited:
We were definitely alone out there lol

Cold doesn't bother me too much as long as I have the pop up And the heater. I fished way up North a few times years ago at -16 degrees!

Definitely helps out having the shelter and heater. I don't mind the cold so much either. -16 is another type of cold I would say. This weekend should be a good one.

I'm jonesing for open-water fishing for sure. It's time. I've got a shade under 3 months before I can really start fishing. That seems too long to me. LOL

I fished yesterday....got 8 fished iced (out of 24 flags! :( )....2 largest were ~2.25lb largemouth bass....and I did manage one 13" yellow perch! :)

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-24_16-33-52.png
    upload_2019-1-24_16-33-52.png
    225.5 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom