• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2018 NH House Elections officially about gun control

NH Democrats just tried to suspend the rules to bring in a Bump Stock ban - GraniteGrok

300 bills to deal with, a storm inbound and they attempt to suspend the house rules to push for age requirement of 21 to buy guns/ammo and a bump stock ban.......

Vote was pretty much on party lines.....

Rules-suspension-vote-NH-house-3-6-18-560x268.jpg

Last edited:
Too close for comfort...

I would like to see the roll call.

Keep in mind it takes a 2/3's vote to suspend the rules. There were 356 reps in attendance at the time of the vote. Thus in order for the vote to pass, the Yea's would have needed 239 votes to suspend the rules. They got 144, nearly 100 votes off. So it was not close at all.

Here is the roll call: Roll Call Details

Four Republicans voted Yea:

Joseph Guthrie (Rockingham 13: Hampstead, Kingston)
John Leavitt (Merrimack 24: Hooksett)
Herbert Richardson (Coos 4: Dalton, Kilkenny, Lancaster)
Brenda Willis (Rockingham 6: Derry)

We need to be proactive. The dems are continuing to push for more bans. There is a potential hearing next week to allow school boards to ban firearms regardless of the carve outs of the GFSZA. We need to make sure that "Martha's" amendment to SB357 is stopped.
See this alert.
Your activism is working, help still needed….

Please share with your friends. We need all of us to show up.

Keep in mind it takes a 2/3's vote to suspend the rules. There were 356 reps in attendance at the time of the vote. Thus in order for the vote to pass, the Yea's would have needed 239 votes to suspend the rules. They got 144, nearly 100 votes off. So it was not close at all.

Start by dumping the traitors first , send a message.

Live free or Die.....ever since the Old Man on the Mountain fell off the mountain, NH started to take the slide down the shitter....
lol not sure if serious- anti bills get filed in the legislative branches even in red/pro gun states... doesn't mean it's going anywhere... and nh has had these shit bills come up as long as i can remember

lol not sure if serious- anti bills ger filed in the legislative branches even in red states... doesn't mean it's going anywhere.

Unless New Hampshire gets serious about keeping the "travelers" from voting, eventually they'll figure out that, hey, they're not stopping us from voting in national races, so why not turn the state solidly blue while we're at it and about it?

I wish there were a comprehensive thread where NH Residents would keep us apprised on the possibility of gun control passing. I don't want to drive across the country to buy a house in NH to only have it pass UBCs or some other BS.....It won't happen in Montana for at least twenty years but I'd like to settle back in New England someday. Life without Dunkin Donuts is hard!

Regardless of how close or not close numbers may be, these numbers are not fitting for New Hampshire. We can do better! Please, please, get out and vote at all elections. Who we elect can have the largest impact on our freedoms. There are at least 144 people who we need to politely inform we disagree with!

Regardless of how close or not close numbers may be, these numbers are not fitting for New Hampshire. We can do better! Please, please, get out and vote at all elections. Who we elect can have the largest impact on our freedoms. There are at least 144 people who we need to politely inform we disagree with!

See my post above about people voting who shouldn't be. Both the college kiddies, and the Assatwoshits plated lines of vehicles who show up and sign unverified affidavits. If it were just the view-tax cuties and the FSA such that it may be, NH could survive. But not so much with the blatant fraud. JR: this is why I'm harping on this - not to be an a**h*** (though I may be coming across as one), but because this is CRITICAL to New Hampshire remaining New Hampshire.

Thank you. Good to know.

Hi from CT. Here we have an open wound that the Dems constantly pull the bandage off every time they want to pass yet another limitation on gun ownership. We've got AR bans, hi-cap mag bans, ammo bans, etc., etc. They glom onto any anti-gun lies they can muster. Yet, NONE of the schools here in CT have been "hardened" or have had security put into place that would stall a bad guy at the front door.....or back door or any other door for that matter. That's such an easy and, actually, inexpensive one-time expense yet the order to do so goes unheeded. I just found out from my state senator's office that none of the demands to harden schools has been followed and now there's going to be a bill entered into the legislature to do so. It will be interesting to see what else is attached.

The reason I mention any of this here is that maybe someone could be proactive and actually find a way to make it much more difficult for a bad guy or deranged psychopath from waltzing into one of your local schools. If Newtown or Florida happens again in the next couple of years there will be anarchy in the streets yet it's all avoidable but locking doors and putting cameras up. Just my 2 cents from someone who really loves New Hampshire but is still trapped in CT for the time being.

Cabinetman

In 2016, more people died from opioids than guns.

42,000 dead from opioids, according to the CDC.

More than half of gun deaths are suicides, which says more about mental health than weapon availability.

But these fools will focus on certain rifles and accessories, both involved in statistically negligible events that are outliers, as things that really need to be addressed.

Talk about disingenuous concern to the point of supreme idiocy and hypocrisy.

Doctors are over-prescribing addictive narcotic substances that have been shown to be less effective over the long-term vs safer and less/non addictive alternatives.

Too close for comfort....
Bear in mind, this was a vote on the Rules suspension allowing "late" bills to be introduced, not a vote on the gun control bill.

I suspect at least a few votes (against, or even for) the motion might have been on the merits of suspending the rules rather than the specifics of the bill the Dems were trying to slip in after the deadline.

House Majority Leader Dick Hinch (R-Merrimack) said:
When you suspend the rules, you need to do that based upon the right message, it needs to be well thought out,” he said. “There was ample time during the session to develop amendments to existing bills, and that didn’t happen. … Rules are rules.

See my post above about people voting who shouldn't be. Both the college kiddies, and the Assatwoshits plated lines of vehicles who show up and sign unverified affidavits. If it were just the view-tax cuties and the FSA such that it may be, NH could survive. But not so much with the blatant fraud. JR: this is why I'm harping on this - not to be an a**h*** (though I may be coming across as one), but because this is CRITICAL to New Hampshire remaining New Hampshire.

We did manage to make a small improvement, far more needs to be done. http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_status/billText.aspx?sy=2018&v=HP&id=1365

Bear in mind, this was a vote on the Rules suspension allowing "late" bills to be introduced, not a vote on the gun control bill.

I suspect at least a few votes (against, or even for) the motion might have been on the merits of suspending the rules rather than the specifics of the bill the Dems were trying to slip in after the deadline.

This rule suspension was ONLY about suspending the rules for this one gun control bill. This is a great roll call. The Dem caucus sheet shows their true intent

We did manage to make a small improvement, far more needs to be done. http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_status/billText.aspx?sy=2018&v=HP&id=1365

...and it's a step in the right direction, but, in the name of all that is holy and right, New Hampshire has a Republican legislature and governor, so why would they NOT want to stop the electoral fraud that could PERMANENTLY delete any chance of getting elected again? Like yesterday? They already DEMONSTRABLY lost a national seat to this. What makes them think they won't lose the state?

Hi from CT. Here we have an open wound that the Dems constantly pull the bandage off every time they want to pass yet another limitation on gun ownership. We've got AR bans, hi-cap mag bans, ammo bans, etc., etc. They glom onto any anti-gun lies they can muster. Yet, NONE of the schools here in CT have been "hardened" or have had security put into place that would stall a bad guy at the front door.....or back door or any other door for that matter. That's such an easy and, actually, inexpensive one-time expense yet the order to do so goes unheeded. I just found out from my state senator's office that none of the demands to harden schools has been followed and now there's going to be a bill entered into the legislature to do so. It will be interesting to see what else is attached.

The reason I mention any of this here is that maybe someone could be proactive and actually find a way to make it much more difficult for a bad guy or deranged psychopath from waltzing into one of your local schools. If Newtown or Florida happens again in the next couple of years there will be anarchy in the streets yet it's all avoidable but locking doors and putting cameras up. Just my 2 cents from someone who really loves New Hampshire but is still trapped in CT for the time being.

Cabinetman

Why would Dems want to make it harder to shoot up a school? They want it to happen .... I'm not convinced they aren't causing it.

Trump needs to station ICE Agents at the pols for the 2018 and 2020 Elections to curb the illegal immigrant voters from voting.

Malodave

Back
Top Bottom