2019 CMP M1 Garand Clinic and CMP games @ OCSA IS CLOSED SEE YOU IN 2020

oh I didn't know that, is there a master list somewhere so I don't have to try every club's website?
CMP Club & Competition Tracker | Dashboard
Although the CMP web site can be a pita to navigate. Way over due for a overhaul.

Also there are clubs that are not holding CMP sanctioned events they just run CMP shoots/clinics that do not turn in score cards or hand out trinkets.
Hanson Rod and gun is one such club. !st sat and 3rd Sun each month they have cmp/nra highpower non sanctioned event. 100 yards 60 rounds walk and past score for your own ego event. Very informal and basically a free for all as far as positions and such.
So checking clubs with a driving distance you willing to go is also a good idea If your not needing to shoot for score and have it sent to CMP you caan find past results and up coming matches.
theres not much left for 2019 in mass....heres the past results of Sanctioned CMP events for cmp games

heres a list of a few CMP matches fromm 2019

Cape Ann Sportsman Club 2019 Clinic
Cape Ann Sportsman Club Oct 06 2019 Gloucester MA CMP Clinic results
Old Colony Sportsmen's Association 2019 As-Issued Military Match
Old Colony Sportsmen's Assoc Oct 06 2019 Pembroke MA Garand, Springfield, or Vintage Military results
Massachusetts Rifle Assoc. 2019 Vintage Military Match
Massachusetts Rifle Association Sep 14 2019 Woburn MA Garand, Springfield, or Vintage Military results
Old Colony Sportsmen's Assoc Sep 08 2019 Pembroke MA Garand, Springfield, or Vintage Military results
Gun Owner's Action League EIC Service Pistol & .22 Rimfire Pistol EIC Match
Gun Owners' Action League Aug 24 2019 -
Aug 25 2019 N. Attleboro MA EIC Competition results
Old Colony Sportsmen's Assoc Aug 11 2019 Pembroke MA Garand, Springfield, or Vintage Military results
Cape Ann Sportsman Club Jul 14 2019 Gloucester MA CMP Clinic results
Reading Rifle & Revolver Club 800 Aggregate & EIC Service Rifle Match
Reading Rifle & Revolver Club Jul 13 2019 -
Jul 14 2019 Reading MA EIC Competition results
Old Colony Sportsmen's Assoc Jul 07 2019 Pembroke MA Garand, Springfield, or Vintage Military results
Reading Rifle & Revolver Club EIC Service Rifle Match
Reading Rifle & Revolver Club Jun 09 2019 Reading MA EIC Competition results
Old Colony Sportsmen's Assoc Jun 09 2019 Pembroke MA Garand, Springfield, or Vintage Military results
Massachusetts Rifle Assoc. 2019 Garand Match
Massachusetts Rifle Association Jun 08 2019 Woburn MA Garand, Springfield, or Vintage Military results
Reading Rifle & Revolver CMP 800 Aggregate Match
Reading Rifle & Revolver Club May 25 2019 Reading MA CMP Cup results
Old Colony Sportsmen's Assoc May 19 2019 Pembroke MA Garand, Springfield, or Vintage Military results
Cape Ann Sportsman Club May 05 2019 Gloucester MA CMP Clinic results
Old Colony Sportsmen's Assoc Apr 14 2019 Pembroke MA Garand, Springfield, or Vintage Military results

Heres a list from CMP web sight of clubs that have at least affiliation with the CMP and do some sort of "highpower" rifle stuff

Club Search Results

Club Name
City State URL
Ames Rifle & Pistol Club & Jr Div North Easton MA www.amesriflepistolclub.com
Angle Tree Stone Rod & Gun Club and Junior Division North Attleborough MA angletreegc.org
Bass River Rod & Gun Jr Club Yarmouthport MA
Braintree Rifle & Pistol Club & Jr Div Braintree MA www.brp.org
Cape Ann Sportsman Club Ipswich MA capeannsportsmansclub.org
Chicopee Sportsmens Club Inc Chicopee MA www.chicopeesportsmensclub.com
Danvers Fish & Game Club Jr Div Middleton MA danversfishandgameclub.org
Falmouth Rod & Gun Club East Falmouth Ma www.falmouthrodandgunclub.com
Hanson Rod & Gun Club Inc. Hanson MA www.hansonrodandgunclub.org
Haverhill Hound, Rod & Gun Club Haverhill MA www.hhrg.org
Holbrook Sportsmens Club Inc & Jr Div Holbrook MA www.hsc1.wildapricot.org
Leyden Rifle Club, Inc. Leyden MA
Maspenock Rod & Gun Club Milford MA MaspenockRodandGun.org
Massachusetts Maritime Academy Buzzards Bay MA
Massachusetts Rifle Association Woburn MA www.massrifle.com
Maynard Rod & Gun Club Maynard MA www.maynardrodandgunclub.com
Medfield Sportsmens Club Medfield MA
Monument Beach Sportsman's Club Inc Monument Beach MA www.monumentbeachsports.com
Mystic Valley Gun Club Malden MA www.mvgunclub.com
Nauset Rod & Gun Club Inc Eastham MA www.nausetrodandgun.com
North Grafton Fish, Game & Bird Club Inc Grafton MA www.northgraftonfgb.org
Northampton Revolver Club Northhampton MA northhamptonrevolverclub.org
Northeastern University Army ROTC Marksmanship Program Boston MA
Old Colony Sportsmen's Assoc Pembroke MA www.old-colony.org
Reading Rifle & Revolver Club Woburn MA www.readinghighpower.com
Riverside Gun Club & Jr Div Hudson MA www.riversidegc.org
Rumford Hunting & Fishing Club Rehoboth MA rumfordclub.com
Sippican Rod and Gun Club Rochester MA www.srgc.us
Tewksbury Rod & Gun Club Tewksbury MA tewksburyrodandgun.org
Turners Falls Rifle & Pistol Club East Deerfield MA
Westwood Gun Club Medfield MA www.westwoodgunclub.us
Woburn Sportsmen's Assoc Bedford MA www.woburnsportsmen.com/

Reading has a Garand match on the 19th. Looks like they only have one this year. Turn out is low there for the M1s. You want to do NRA service rifle or looking for leg points Reading is the place to go in this area!

So having never done one of these matches before, are they going to be helpful showing me the ropes or am I just on my own?

Reading crew is very helpful bunch. I have not been to one of Readings Garand shoots. Its not listed on cmp schedule so its a "shoot" not a match or a clinic.
Contact the name on the schedule above. For details and make sure its still on.

Last edited:
I shoot at Reading a lot and TBH, don't expect much for the Garand Match. No where near the turnout for a regular high power match. Like, 4-5 shooters, maybe.

If you need the clinic, go to the Old Colony match.

Last edited:
I shoot at Reading a lot and TBH, don't expect much for the Garand Match. No where near the turnout for a regular high power match. Like, 4-5 shooters, maybe.

If you need the clinic, go to the Old Colony match.
yeah I been off and on at reading since 2010 and the cmp/garand and other events have dwindled since then.

Have to check rules to see what’s allowed. I have m1a’s and ar’s but no optics fixed power. How about a bedded M1A?
I will only call you out if you shoot better score than me for the trinkets!!!
Last match I doubt anyone cares.

I'll translate Mac for you wegman:

no optics for Modern Military this year. rifles are supposed to be 'as-issued' to general issue troops...even though bedded rifles were issued to some, it was not what the majority of troops had. AR or M1 is fine in any configuration for Pembroke if you're shooting for fun, but shooting for score it is preferred that you're within regs.

Well I hope to use a Club rifle again for the Garand Match. Maybe use it again for MM?

Bring watcha got. Worst case you'd be out of competition and in unlimited modern military but others will often do that. Everyone will still be interested how you do. Did y shoot a club rifle last time? IIRC you did well.

Bring watcha got. Worst case you'd be out of competition and in unlimited modern military but others will often do that. Everyone will still be interested how you do. Did y shoot a club rifle last time? IIRC you did well.
Always cool to see the racks filled!

Yes, club rifle and ammo. I'm gonna be in worse shape this next time as I have a badly sprained left arm. But no excuses. I will be thrilled if I can do almost as well as last- I mean first match.

Looks like it's going to be a 'Wustah and Beyond' invasion this Sunday. 76Too bringing Mr. New York and on my way in I'll stop to bring Al with me.

155 CC's for the M1 and those fancy TMK's for the Bula, both with Varget.

Back
Top Bottom