2019 NH Gun Bills: Universal background checks HB109 -FN

The Leftie commie take over of NH is near completion...Time for a new Motto.

The tricky wording in these sections are traps for the unwary:

I. “Commercial sale” means a sale, transfer, or exchange of a firearm that takes place at, or on the curtilage of, a firearm or "gun" show or pursuant to an offer to sell, buy, transfer, or exchange a firearm that took place at a gun show, or pursuant to an advertisement, posting, listing, or display.

And:
159-E:3 Exception. This chapter shall not apply to a noncommercial, private sale, transfer, or exchange of a firearm between individuals, provided neither party to the transaction is a prohibited person. If the status of either party’s eligibility to own or possess a firearm cannot be ascertained, the transaction shall be completed through a licensed firearm dealer pursuant to RSA 159-E:2, II.

159-E:4 Penalties.

I. Any individual or person who violates any provision of this chapter shall be guilty of a class B misdemeanor for a first offense, and a class A misdemeanor for a second or subsequent offense.

Didn’t the recent study regarding CA’s UBC just show that it had no discernible effect on gun related crime?

How is the "status" of either party to be ascertained without a NICS check?

Its a default universal background check law due to wording

I have not sold a firearm in NH, so admittedly I am a bit ignorant, but isn't this basically what the existing law is? If you do not know the buyer personally to not be a felon, you must see their P&R License as a means of verifying they are not a felon?

Last edited:
I have not sold a firearm in NH, so admittedly I am a bit ignorant, but isn't this basically what the existing law is? If you do not know the buyer personally to not be a felon, you must see their P&R License as a means of scarifying they are not a felon?
This changes things, "This chapter shall not apply to a noncommercial, private sale, transfer, or exchange of a firearm between individuals, provided neither party to the transaction is a prohibited person. If the status of either party’s eligibility to own or possess a firearm cannot be ascertained, the transaction shall be completed through a licensed firearm dealer" is very different from current law.

• Current state law in RSA 159:14 makes an exception for "personally known to him".
  • Current Federal law in 18 U.S. Code § 922 (d) only prohibits sale "knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person (is a prohibited person)"
HB 109-FN has no such provisions. Being unaware your buyer (or seller!?!) is a PP can still lead to conviction.

159-E:4 Penalties.

I. Any individual or person who violates any provision of this chapter shall be guilty of a class B misdemeanor for a first offense, and a class A misdemeanor for a second or subsequent offense.

class B misdemeanor or class A misdemeanor ?? what does that mean or entail in NH law?

If this passes, I hope you NH voters make them pay for it in the next election.
We've been trying to vote these scum out for years; unfortunately, we're outnumbered by the terminally stupid liberals in the state (and out of state student voters).

I have not sold a firearm in NH, so admittedly I am a bit ignorant, but isn't this basically what the existing law is? If you do not know the buyer personally to not be a felon, you must see their P&R License as a means of verifying they are not a felon?
Right now, you only need the P&R for handgun sales.

Back
Top Bottom